How To Wash And Care For Your Virgin Hair?
Virgin hair is the easiest type of weave to wash as it the highest quality hair, which means that it hasn’t been treated with any chemicals e.g. coloring or straightening, and is damage-free. You can wash, curl, heat style and re-use it many times over a year or more.
Keeping your weave hair clean and neat can be quite a challenge as you also have to take care of the virgin hair beneath the extensions. Whether your own hair is relaxed or natural, it’s important to wash both the weave and your own hair thoroughly to prevent pungent smells and candyfloss-looking locks. If your hair is glued in as opposed to sewn in, you’ll have to be a little more careful with shampooing as this can disturb the adhesive.
How To Wash Your Virgin Hair?
Below are the steps that I personally take when washing my virgin hair extensions.
Steps To Wash Virgin Hair Bundles
- 1. Remove the hair from the pack and separate them.
- 2. Use preferably only conditioner but just to be sure that all the supposedly dirt and residue are off and no germs will be using your scalps as an incubator, a mild shampoo will be just fine too.
- 3. Use a moisturizing conditioner as this will keep the shine and sheen of the weave.
- 4. Place your weave in a bowl of cold water, squirt shampoo in your hands and rub all over the wet hair from tip to root.
- 5. Gently rub to massage the shampoo into the hair strands.
- 6. Rinse thoroughly and place into another bowl of cold water. Squirt some moisturizing conditioner in your palm and rub onto the hair; this will keep the softness of the strand and then rinse well.
- 7. Squeeze the water out by running the hair through a soft towel in your palm to remove excess liquid.
- 8. Gently loosen the weave and hang to dry. The weave is now ready for installing.
Follow these steps when co-washing your virgin hair extensions:
- 1.Wet/rinse the hair first.
- 2. Apply a generous amount of conditioner.
- 3. Use a wide tooth comb to distribute conditioner evenly through the hair. Always comb from the bottom to the top. Allow the conditioner to sit in your hair for 15- 30 minutes.
- 4. Rinse using cool to lukewarm water.
- 5. After washing, pat your hair dry with a towel.
- 6. Allow your hair to air dry (do not roll or rub hair into the towel that will cause your hair to frizz).
Follow These Steps When Washing With Moisturizing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner.
- 1. Wet/rinse the hair first.
- 2. Apply shampoo if the hair is really dirty full of products applies a generous amount of shampoo.
- 3. Rinse using cool to lukewarm water.
- 4. Apply conditioner (apply a generous amount of conditioner).
- 5. Use a wide tooth comb to distribute conditioner evenly through the hair. Always comb from the bottom to the top. (Allow the conditioner to sit in the hair for 15 to 30 minutes).
- 6. Rinse using cool to lukewarm water.
- 7. After washing, pat your hair dry with a towel.
- 8. Allow your hair to air dry (do not roll or rub hair into the towel that will cause your hair to frizz).
- Do not scrounge up the hair in your hands while washing. This is considered as the rough treatment.
- Condition your hair at least 1-2 times a week.
- Shampoo at least once every 2 weeks.
Care Tips For Your Virgin Hair
With all this treatment done, remember to always keep your hair moisturized and follow the proper care tips.
Deep Wave/Loose Wave/Curly Hair Care Tips
- 1. Apply a moisture-rich Conditioner and comb hair, starting with the ends working your way up to your scalp.
- 2. Scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls.
- 3.When damp, apply a dime size of an anti-frizz alcohol-free hair serum. For soft kinks, a curl cream may be required for a more tamed look.
- 4. Let air-dry
- 5. Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting.
- 6. Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle.
Straight Hair/Natural Wave Care Tips
- 1.Shampoo at least once a week using a good quality sulfate-free shampoo.
- 2. Do not massage the hair.
- 3. Rinse thoroughly.
- 4. Apply a moisturizing conditioner and comb hair, starting with the ends working your way up to your scalp.
- 5. Rinse thoroughly.
- 6. Let air-dry.
Virgin Hair Bundles Care Tips
- 1.Co-wash (conditioner only) your bundles prior to installation.
- 2.When installing do not cut your weft/track. Cutting the weft will cause shedding. This is an investment and we hate for you to brush it all away!
- 3. It is essential that you wash your hair at least every 2 weeks. Oil build up and products can cause tangling and shedding.
- 4.Detangle prior to washing. If hair is not properly detangled prior to shampooing and conditioning this will cause your hair to matt.
- 5. Air-drying is recommended, however, if you do use a blow dryer apply a heat protectant before the process. Excessive heat can make your extensions dull, dry and lifeless.
- 6. Refrain from using too much or heavy products on your hair bundles. Never use products which contain protein as this can make the hair tangle and hard.
- 7.Sleep in a satin or silk bonnet/scarf. This prevents your hair from tangling and keeps your hair moisturized.
- 8. Bleaching and coloring should only be performed by a licensed hair stylist or professional colorist. Please note bleaching the hair lifts the cuticle and extra TLC is required to prevent breakage.
- 9. Sealing your wefts isn’t necessary, but if you would like added protection against shedding seal your wefts prior to installation. You may purchase our customized weft sealant.
Hair Closure And Lace Frontal Care Tips
Closure hair is very delicate and should only be applied by a licensed hair stylist. Depending on your stylist technique and how fast your hair grows, closures will need to re-applied every 3-6 weeks. We don’t replace hair closures under any circumstances so please read the following carefully:
- 1. The poor application will result in an unrealistic look.
- 2. Over bleaching, the knots and scratching will create bald patches in the closure. Once your hair bundles with closure begin to thin out it can not be repaired.
- 3. Do not pluck hairs to create a part this will cause the closure to thin out prematurely.
- 4. Rotate your part! Parting your closure in the same place will cause that area to thin out.
- 5. When washing your hair be very gentle with the closure and frontal, rough handling and styling will cause the knots to loosen.
- 6. Do not apply direct heat to the lace or silk, it will damage the material.
- 7. You may use an acrylic sealant to seal the knots in place, however, the sealer has to be reapplied after every wash.
Shop For More Affordable Malaysian Virgin Hair
Human Hair VS Virgin Hair VS Remy Hair, What’s The Difference?
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62