How To Sew-in Weave Hair With Lace Closure
The weave hair bundles are a very trendy product among African American women. It's made of top quality hair, being Brazilian hair or other countries like Malaysian hair, Peruvian hair, Indian hair. From the time of selection, the Brazilian hair hasn't undergone any type of chemical process. The hair bundles are 100% natural. The sew-in weave hair bundles with lace closure give more styling possibility for the fashion girl.
Sew-in weaves with closure are loved by many because they give you the freedom to experiment with your hair without a real commitment. The only real problem with wearing sew-in weaves is the cost. If you often wear sew-in weave hair with closure then you know firsthand how expensive it can be, especially if you get your weaves installed by a professional stylist.
However, there is a way that you can achieve the weave style you want without breaking the bank. How? By installing your sew-in weave in the comfort of your own home. Sound too difficult? Not very good at styling hair? Don’t worry. With a little time, patience and a few instructions, you can do your own sew-in weave with ease.
We’ve broken the sew-in weave with closure installation process down into a few easy-to-follow steps. With these step-by-step instructions, you will be able to install your own sew-in weave with closure hair.
Part One: Creating Your Base Braids
Step 1: Wash and condition your hair. Wash your hair as you normally do, and give it a good conditioning treatment as well. Make sure that your hair is totally dry before starting the cornrow process.
Step 2: Select your part. When you add your Brazilian hair weave, you’ll place it in layers around a part in your natural hair. Your part is the exposed area of the scalp and is typically located down the center of your head or slightly off-center. Choose the location of the part, and separate out ½-inch sections of hair on either side of it. Pin the rest of your hair back using the clips. Separate and pin up any hair that will stay out of the weave (edges, the crown of the head, nape of the neck, etc).
Step 3: Braid the perimeter row. The first braid you will complete is a small braid that wraps around the outer edge of your face, head, and to the nape of your neck. The perimeter braid will have two starts - on either side of the part, but you will combine the ends of the braids together at the nape of your neck. Take your hair out of the hair clips, and section off a strand of hair ¼-½ inch thick all the way around the outer edge of your head. Starting with the edge-braid from your part, braid as far as you can around the edge of your head. Then, do the same on the other side.
Step 4: Begin the center braids. Each of the braids you began on either side of your part will continue on to form full braids that wrap around your head. This means that from a birds-eye-view of your completed head, there will be concentric circles formed around your part. Follow the pattern of the perimeter braid, by sectioning off thin pieces of hair around the outer edge and working in. Go to the next braid closest to your hairline, and braid on either side of your part towards the back of your head.
- Continue spraying your hair with the oil/water mixture or your detangler spray to make braiding easier.
- Your braids should be very tight and may hurt while braiding, but shouldn’t be painful when completed.
- The braids will likely become quite thick about halfway through, because of all the hair you gather. Don’t be worried if because of this your braids are uneven.
Part Two: Sewing the Weave Hair
Step 1: Secure the weft together. A single hair extension is also known as a weft. Brazilian curly hair bundles are soft and full, highly recommended here to make a sew in with.
If you want to create extra fullness, simply fold your weft in half. Take your needle and insert it through the unfolded edge of the weft so that it's held together along the unfolded size.
Step 2: Make the first stitch. With the weft now attached to your needle and thread, insert your needle underneath the cornrow and bring it up. The curved needle should make this easy, and the point of the needle should now be pointing back at you.
Step 3: Attach the extension. Take the needle (the point is facing you) and insert it into the front of the extension right below the seam, which is called the track. If you're working with a folded weft, be sure your needle goes under both tracks. Hold the human hair extension up and try to cover the cornrow with it. Insert the needle back under the cornrow and pull the thread gently, leaving a loop.
If your cornrow extended beyond your part, simply fold it back onto the head as you attach the extension.
Step 4: Make a knot. Once you bring your needle and thread up from behind your cornrow, insert the needle through the loop you left at the end of your last stitch and pull the thread through. Pull firmly to attach the extension in place securely.
Step 5: Continue sewing. Insert the needle back underneath the track of your extension about a 1⁄2 inch away from your last stitch. Slide the needle under the cornrow, leave a loop and bring the needle and thread through the loop to secure your extension. Continue sewing your extension along the part line keeping your stitches neat and a uniform 1/2-inch distance apart.
Step 6: End the row. When you're one stitch away from the end of your extension, insert the needle through the front of the extension and tack the two folded ends to one another. Do not go under the cornrow again. Make two or three stitches to hold the folded end onto itself. Then insert your needle through one of the stitches, pull through to create a loop and insert your needle through the loop to make a knot. Knot the end two or three times for extra security. Trim the edges of the leftover thread on both ends of the extension.
Part Three: Installing Your Lace Closure
Step 1: Bleach the knots. if necessary, you should thin the hairline using tweezers so it is not the same amount of density all the way to the end. Your real hairline tapers naturally so you don’t want the edge of your closure to have the same density of hair all the way to the edge and then end abruptly – that gives a very unnatural appearance.
Step 2: When you apply the closure, align it directly with your part so your natural scalp shows through the lace. Some ladies also add concealer along the part or foundation that matches their skin to help conceal any knots that may not be totally bleached.
Now, You have the steps needed to do a sew-in weave hair with lace closure at home all by yourself. Come on, try it.
Shop For More Sew-in Weave Hair
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62