How To Make Your Human Hair Wigs Soft Again?
Why do ladies love to choose a human hair wig? Because it is human hair, looks like their own hair. They can style the wig the same as we would our own hair, including using the same products which strip the hair of its natural oils causing damage and stiff.
Unlike your own hair growing from the scalp, human virgin hair wigs can not benefit too much moisture from your scalp, so over blow drying could lead to damage hair and make human hair wigs stiff. Here we share some basic tips to make your human hair wigs soft again. Follow Reading!!!
What Cause Our Human Hair Wigs Damaged?
1. Lack of Moisture
Without optimal hydration, hair is much more prone to breakage, so you want to ensure you're giving your strands the love they deserve.
2. Too Much Heat Styling
It's no secret that heat styling makes your hair weaker and more prone to breakage over time. And as you might imagine, it's even worse if you don't use any heat protection.
3. Brushing Hair When Wet
Remember that hair is most susceptible to breakage when it is wet. This won’t necessarily dry the hair, but it will leave the ends brittle and lead to breakage down the entire strand.
4. Use Styling Products Too Heavily
A build-up of products on the hair can cause it to look greasy and unwashed. One of the great benefits of wearing a wig is avoiding the greasy hair look, so it’s important to not cause this to happen with too much hairspray, mousse etc. Products should be applied sparingly, preferably no more than once a week.
How To Make Our Human Hair Wigs Soft Again?
Wearing human hair wigs are a way for women to quickly transform their look and take their hair from short to long. Although the styling option offers convenience, like normal hair. Wigs made from human hair can become dry and unmanageable. For women in this predicament, moisturizing products and a basic silk scarf can make the difference between damaged human hair wigs and soft locks.
What You Will Need
- Natural Oil
- Moisturizing Conditioner
- Moisturizing Shampoo
- Deep Conditioner
- Shower Cap
- Thermal Protector Spray
- Wide-tooth Comb
- Flat Iron or Curling Iron
Step By Step On Making Human Hair Wigs Soft Again
Step 1: Detangle Your Human Hair Wigs
- Sometimes a tangled wig is just that: a wig full of pesky tangles. It'll take some patience and dedication, but with a wide-tooth comb and a glass of water half-full, an old wig can be revived with heavy duty detangling.
- A wide tooth comb instead of a paddle brush will prevent breakage, especially while wet. Always start detangling from the ends and slowly work your way up to the roots.
- When you come across a knot, use your fingers to loosen the knot and continue detangling with your comb.
Step 2: Add Natural Oil
- Natural oil such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil is applied to the human hair wig for conditioning treatment along the entire length.
- Alternatively, a moisturizing conditioner is applied to the hair for 30 minutes in the shower cap.
Step 3: Washing Your Human Hair Wigs
- Wash the human hair wigs with a moisturizing shampoo. Use your fingers to carefully clean the scalp between tracks and rinse thoroughly.
Step 4: Conditioning Your Human Hair Wigs
- Use a moisturizing conditioner from the scalp to the hair and apply an additional conditioner to the end. Let the conditioner stand for 2-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly. When flushing, use a finger or a comb to carefully remove any tangles in your wigs.
Step 5: Deep Conditioning Your Human Hair Wigs
- Apply a deep conditioner and leave on for 15 minutes or more. Wear a shower cap to trap heat and aid in the conditioning or sit under a dryer. Once conditioned, rinse thoroughly, and use your fingers to unfold and squeeze out any excess water.
Step 6: Drying Your Human Hair Wigs
- Comb out the hair and allow it to air dry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Apply a moisturizing product along the entire length and apply extra to the ends. Also, apply a dime-sized amount of thermal product to protect hair during the styling process.
- Blow-dry hair with low heat using a comb to aid hair drying. Follow up with a brush to straighten.
Step 7: Styling Your Human Hair Wigs
- Style your hair with a flat iron for a straight hair look or with a curling iron to produce curly hair and wavy hair. Start from the front of your head and work backward until entire head is completed.
Step 8: When Sleeping
- Do not sleep frequently with the wig. In case if you need to go to bed with hair, add leave-in conditioner and finger comb or use a wide-toothed comb to work out any tangles. Also, wrap your wig with a silk or satin scarf. Or sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase so your hair will rub against something smooth.
Step 9: Morning Routine
- As part of your morning routine, we recommend using water spray bottle to slightly dampen the hair before styling (but not close to the knot). That will soften and reactive any styling products used the day before, avoiding combing stress on the hair and giving your hair a fresh look for the day.
Video Tutorial On How To Make Human Hair Wigs Soft Again
This Video will tell you how to bring your human hair wigs back to life and make it soft again. There are some tips an washing, conditioning and drying human hair wigs. Watching this video and you will learn more care tips.
Following the regimen above will prevent your human hair wigs from becoming excessively dry and will make it easy to style. However, human hair wigs last longer than synthetic wigs. With proper care, we will make our wigs be healthy, beautiful and soft which will give us natural look.