When You Perm Your Hair, Rules You Need To Know
Many women make the decision to get a perm in order to add curls and volume to their naturally straight hair. And while a permanent wave can be a great way to switch up your style, it’s also important to realize that getting a permanent wave also involves the use of strong chemicals. Whether you perm your 100% virgin human hair at home or in the salon which all damage your hair. So some rules you need to know after getting a perm hair. Here, we will talk with you.
Wash and Dry It Right
Right after you get a perm, you’ll need to wait 24 to 72 hours before washing it. Check with the stylist who permed your hair for a precise waiting period, because this might vary depending on your hair type and the type of perm. Once it’s time to wash, use warm water rather than hot because the heat can ruin your curls. Choose shampoo and conditioner designed specifically for permed hair to help protect the perm and keep your hair from getting too dry. Comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb while it’s still wet and conditioner is on the hair. This will help to prevent breakage from brushing. Do not rub your hair dry with a towel; instead, pat it down and let it air dry to prevent frizz.
How Long Should You Dye Your Hair?
One of my customers asked me about her question: She got a perm and want to dye her virgin Malaysian hair darker. But she doesn’t how long to do it. Today, I will answer this problem for many women who upset for this problem.
If you're dead-set on permanent color, you'll have to sit on your hands for some time. At a bare minimum, you must wait seven days and at least one shampooing, but your stylist may recommend waiting at least two weeks before applying color. If your hair has reacted poorly in the past to mixed perm or relaxer and dye processes, don't feel pressured to hurry -- you can go even longer between perming and coloring, and your hair will be all the healthier for it.
How to Deep Condition Your Perm Hair?
Once you get a perm, you will notice that your hair is always in dire need of moisture. Especially, if you’ve opted for a curly perm, you will need moisture to maintain definition and bounce. Any kind of hair processing is, essentially, hair damage. The only way to reverse the damage and nurse your hair back to health is by conditioning it. It is recommended that you deep condition your hair at least twice a week after getting a perm. After a couple of weeks, you can cut down the deep conditioning treatments to once a week. You will find that these treatments can actually be quite therapeutic. Especially if you opt for DIY deep conditioning masks that are budget-friendly and do not contain any chemicals.
How Can I Do Same-Day Color?
Choose a temporary or semi-permanent dye to color your hair, as neither type contains harsh ammonia or peroxide. These dyes only tone hair and cannot lighten hair. Temporary hair color lasts only up to one or two washing, but it is the safest option for same-day color, along with heat-free semi-permanent dyes. Semi-permanent dye generally remains in hair for up to 12 shampoos, but it may have better color longevity if applied on the same day as a perm since the hair cuticle will be more porous than normal.
How to Style Your Perm Hair Right?
The real reason people opt for perms is so that they don’t have to spend hours on deciding how to wear their hair. So it only makes sense, once you’ve gotten a perm, that the time you take to style is cut by half, at least! All of your extra time should be going into caring for your hair. And this includes avoiding heat styling tools. It is also a good idea to stop using hair elastics and other accessories for a while after you’ve gotten a perm. Instead, opt for accessories that are gentler on your hair, such as butterfly clips. Get some curl-enhancing product if you have curly hair, or a leave-in treatment if you decided to go straight. These products will help keep your hair frizz free while protecting it from moisture loss.
You Must Get Regular Trims
Part of keeping the curls in a perm is getting your hair trimmed regularly, about every four to six weeks. Trimming the hair will help the curls spring up and keep your hair looking healthy. Waiting too long to get your permed hair trimmed can cause the hair to become damaged; then when you do go in for a cut, more hair will need to be taken off, shortening the lifespan of your perm.
There you have it! Some rules you need to know about perms. Whether you’re looking to add some major curl to your coif or straighten your strands, chemical treatments are a great way to get you the style you want. Be sure you give your hair a couple of weeks to adjust, and always use proper care methods and use products that pack nutrients to keep your hair looking healthy and feeling gorgeous.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62