When You Perm Your Hair, Rules You Need To Know
Many women make the decision to get a perm in order to add curls and volume to their naturally straight hair. And while a permanent wave can be a great way to switch up your style, it’s also important to realize that getting a permanent wave also involves the use of strong chemicals. Whether you perm your 100% virgin human hair at home or in the salon which all damage your hair. So some rules you need to know after getting a perm hair. Here, we will talk with you.
Wash and Dry It Right
Right after you get a perm, you’ll need to wait 24 to 72 hours before washing it. Check with the stylist who permed your hair for a precise waiting period, because this might vary depending on your hair type and the type of perm. Once it’s time to wash, use warm water rather than hot because the heat can ruin your curls. Choose shampoo and conditioner designed specifically for permed hair to help protect the perm and keep your hair from getting too dry. Comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb while it’s still wet and conditioner is on the hair. This will help to prevent breakage from brushing. Do not rub your hair dry with a towel; instead, pat it down and let it air dry to prevent frizz.
How Long Should You Dye Your Hair?
One of my customers asked me about her question: She got a perm and want to dye her virgin Malaysian hair darker. But she doesn’t how long to do it. Today, I will answer this problem for many women who upset for this problem.
If you're dead-set on permanent color, you'll have to sit on your hands for some time. At a bare minimum, you must wait seven days and at least one shampooing, but your stylist may recommend waiting at least two weeks before applying color. If your hair has reacted poorly in the past to mixed perm or relaxer and dye processes, don't feel pressured to hurry -- you can go even longer between perming and coloring, and your hair will be all the healthier for it.
How to Deep Condition Your Perm Hair?
Once you get a perm, you will notice that your hair is always in dire need of moisture. Especially, if you’ve opted for a curly perm, you will need moisture to maintain definition and bounce. Any kind of hair processing is, essentially, hair damage. The only way to reverse the damage and nurse your hair back to health is by conditioning it. It is recommended that you deep condition your hair at least twice a week after getting a perm. After a couple of weeks, you can cut down the deep conditioning treatments to once a week. You will find that these treatments can actually be quite therapeutic. Especially if you opt for DIY deep conditioning masks that are budget-friendly and do not contain any chemicals.
How Can I Do Same-Day Color?
Choose a temporary or semi-permanent dye to color your hair, as neither type contains harsh ammonia or peroxide. These dyes only tone hair and cannot lighten hair. Temporary hair color lasts only up to one or two washing, but it is the safest option for same-day color, along with heat-free semi-permanent dyes. Semi-permanent dye generally remains in hair for up to 12 shampoos, but it may have better color longevity if applied on the same day as a perm since the hair cuticle will be more porous than normal.
How to Style Your Perm Hair Right?
The real reason people opt for perms is so that they don’t have to spend hours on deciding how to wear their hair. So it only makes sense, once you’ve gotten a perm, that the time you take to style is cut by half, at least! All of your extra time should be going into caring for your hair. And this includes avoiding heat styling tools. It is also a good idea to stop using hair elastics and other accessories for a while after you’ve gotten a perm. Instead, opt for accessories that are gentler on your hair, such as butterfly clips. Get some curl-enhancing product if you have curly hair, or a leave-in treatment if you decided to go straight. These products will help keep your hair frizz free while protecting it from moisture loss.
You Must Get Regular Trims
Part of keeping the curls in a perm is getting your hair trimmed regularly, about every four to six weeks. Trimming the hair will help the curls spring up and keep your hair looking healthy. Waiting too long to get your permed hair trimmed can cause the hair to become damaged; then when you do go in for a cut, more hair will need to be taken off, shortening the lifespan of your perm.
There you have it! Some rules you need to know about perms. Whether you’re looking to add some major curl to your coif or straighten your strands, chemical treatments are a great way to get you the style you want. Be sure you give your hair a couple of weeks to adjust, and always use proper care methods and use products that pack nutrients to keep your hair looking healthy and feeling gorgeous.
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Brownish Red Human Hair Body Wave Wigs 13X4 Colored Transparent Lace Front Wigs 150% DensityTotal Price: $182.43 Discount Price： $127.70save： $54.73
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable 150% Density Body Wave Lace Closure And Lace Frontal Wigs Glueless Undetectable HD Lace Hair Wigs Pre Plucked Wig With Baby HairTotal Price: $158.43 Discount Price： $110.90save： $47.53
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Silk Press Kinky Straight Wig Human Hair Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For Sale 150% DensityTotal Price: $151.71 Discount Price： $106.20save： $45.51
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Body Wave Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $147.86 Discount Price： $103.50save： $44.36
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Kinky Curly Glueless Fluffy Wig 100% Human Hair Wigs Juicy Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For SaleTotal Price: $186.43 Discount Price： $130.50save： $55.93
- -50%Julia Hair Affordable 99J Burgundy Color Body Wave 13x4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density And 180% Density Pre Plucked Red Human Hair Wigs Flash SaleTotal Price: $255.40 Discount Price： $127.70save： $127.70
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable #33B Reddish Brown Perfectly Resembling Natural Hair Kinky Straight Wig 4C Hair 13x4 Lace Front WigTotal Price: $147.86 Discount Price： $103.50save： $44.36
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityTotal Price: $158.43 Discount Price： $110.90save： $47.53
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Burgundy Color Middle Lace Part Jerry Curly Wig 100% Human Hair Wigs For SaleTotal Price: $128.71 Discount Price： $90.10save： $38.61
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Jerry Curly Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $147.86 Discount Price： $103.50save： $44.36
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $153.29 Discount Price： $107.30save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave U Part Human Hair Wigs Scalp Protective And Glueless Wigs 150% DensityTotal Price: $103.00 Discount Price： $72.10save： $30.90