What’s The Difference Between Remy And Non-remy Hair?
Nowadays, you can find so many suppliers or wholesalers of human hair extensions. Sometimes we don’t realize which company supply good quality hair products. Although on the internet, every supplier said my products are the best but when you order human hair extensions products at that time you will know exactly quality of hair products.
However, there are so many hair products of your choice. Most people get confused about the two types of hair weaves — Remy Hair and Non-remy Hair. Actually, they have many differences which affect the quality and value of the hair. Keep reading, this article will help you to distinguish the Remy hair and Non-remy hair.
What Is Virgin Hair?
- Virgin hair is unprocessed and natural. It's never been chemically processed or manipulated in any way. Hair donors have never curled, bleached, steamed or colored their hair, so the extensions are healthier and last longer.
- Chemical processes or manipulations lead to damaged and unhealthy cuticles. This leads to damage like the hair tangling in knots or breaking off.
- Virgin hair cuticles are stronger than non-virgin hair cuticles, and the hair doesn't tangle as easily as non-virgin hair. The natural color of virgin hair is more vibrant and retains its glossy texture after you've washed it a few times.
- You need to maintain your Indian virgin hair to keep it healthy, but you don’t have to go above and beyond in different products and methods for virgin hair. Regular washes with shampoo and conditioner will help keep your virgin hair looking and feeling beautiful.
What Is Remy Hair?
- Remy hair extensions actually describe the quality of hair used to make up the particular extension. This hair is of the highest quality and comes from a single donor, which ensures consistency in texture.
- Also, the hair cuticles are intact, in one direction and consist of cuts which are the same length. This provides a smooth texture and allows the hair to last longer and style more naturally.
- Whether or not hair extensions are “remy” will have a huge effect on the quality and the longevity of the hair, which is why it is so important to understand the difference between remy and non-remy products.
What Is Non-Remy Hair?
- Non-Remy hair is hair that does not have it's rooted aligned. In order to prevent hair from tangling, this hair must be processed to remove a portion of the cuticle.
- Non-Remy hair is difficult to comb and washing during using or process. Some suppliers use silicone coating to try to disguise this problem but non-remy hair will be back its original state after short times using.
- Finished Non-Remy hair selections have had the cuticles descaled and all hairs are similar in length giving each piece a thick luscious appearance.
Why Is Remy Hair Better Than Non-Remy Hair?
- Remy hair is higher quality hair, because it has cuticle intact and in the same direction, giving you a better feel, smooth and soft.
- Remy hair is tangle resistant compared to Non-remy hair.
- Remy hair lasts much longer time than Non-remy hair.
- Remy hair has the more natural look than Non-remy hair.
The Advantages Of Remy Hair
You'll tell the difference between a Remy and non-Remy hair extensions because of how much longer Remy extensions last and their overall superior look.
- Hair Quality: A professional bundles the hair so the cuticles are kept in their original state as much as possible. No one adds more hair to the bundle. Remy hair is much softer and silkier than other extensions because the process doesn't require any chemical processes or extra treatments.
- Durability: Remy hair is stronger and lasts longer because it comes from a single donor. Before someone cuts the hair, they bundle it into sections. Many women face the issue of buying extensions that fall apart after a few shampoos, but Remy hair can last up to a year with proper maintenance.
- Texture: Remy hair extensions have the same texture and length and will give your hair a more natural look. Styling Remy hair is a simpler process because you’re only working with one type of hair.
The Disadvantages Of Non-Remy Hair
- Shorter Lifespan: The cuticles and ends of the hair aren't matched, so the hair is less healthy. When brushing, the hair will easily break off and diminish the overall fullness and look of the hair extension. It won't last as long as Remy hair or equal its vibrant, healthy appearance.
- Uneven: Non-Remy hair can vary in hair length. Short and long hairs are combined, and there isn't a way to balance out the look. This can lead to hair that is hard to style because there's no uniform length in the extension.
- Damage: When different types and lengths of hair are in the same bundle, they're more susceptible to breaking and tangling. This will drastically reduce the lifespan and make the extension look unkempt. Styling becomes more difficult with non-Remy hair because you can't be sure how the different types of hair will react to heat or dye.
The Difference Between Remy And Non-Remy Hair
- Remy hair is gathered from the head of donors in such a way as to keep the hair’s cuticles properly aligned in relation to its neighboring hairs and are all in the same directions.
- Non-remy hair is the leftover hair that in most cases is gathered from the floors of temples and salons then recycled to make a weft. The hair cuticles are facing various directions, which causes the hair to tangle and matte quite easily.
- Remy hair is not necessarily virgin hair, since it may be colored or permed. Its defining features are an intact cuticle and the manner in which it was harvested. We only provide virgin cuticle aligned hair that is not chemically processed.
- Non-Remy hair is mainly recycled hair put together in one bundle. The process isn't as meticulous as it is for Remy hair. It can be leftover from the salons where people gathered other hair samples. They're from multiple donors, so they're not as uniform as Remy hair.
- An expert in human hair can tell the difference between Remy and Non-Remy hair by touching it. Yes, you know remy hair is softer, silky, and smooth. Remy hair has cuticle in the same direction like stroking a cats tail, it is nice and smooth if go one way, go the other and it is almost impossible to stoke.
- The ends of remy hair tend to have a slightly lighter shade, just look at your own real hair, you will get this!
The best thing to do when it comes to hair extensions is testing the hair yourself and try before you buy! Read reviews, follow up with customers who have worn the hair extensions from the brand you want to buy from and understand the hair extensions before you buy it.
True Remy and virgin hair are usually more expensive but will last longer. One last thing to keep in mind is that not all hair labeled remy is true remy hair with cuticle intact, and after 2-3 washes, the hair will mat and tangle.
I hope this article is helpful for you and hope you to buy the best virgin hair for you and achieve the beautiful and natural look. Good Luck!!!