What Is The 150 Density Wig Meaning? Is 150 Density Good For A Wig?
Wigs have stepped into more and more people's daily life. When you buy a wig, have you ever noticed some details about the wig, such as the density of the wig? Generally, the most common one is 150-density wigs. What does “150 density” mean? What is the difference between 150 and 180-density wigs? Today we tell you everything about wig density in this blog.
1.What Does 150% Density Mean?
Firstly, before knowing what is a 150-density wig, we need to understand the word “density”. Wig density is the amount of hair that is added to the cap to create a fuller look. It helps to determine how thick or thin the hair on the wig cap appears. Regardless of the texture and material of the wig, the higher the density percentage, the fuller it will look; the lower the density percentage, the thinner it will look.
When you buy a wig, you will find that the density of most wigs on the market today is 130%-180%. Of course, you can get a higher-density wig, such as 200% density. Generally, the most popular one is 150% density, which is a moderate density. It is much closer to the average density of human hair so it can give people a natural hair look.
2. The Differences Between Wig Densities
We mentioned that the densities of most wigs on the market are 130%, 150%, and 180%. We will focus on introducing the differences between 150% and 130% and 180% density.
1) 130% vs 150% Density Wig
130% is the regular hair density found on an average human head. It replicates the look and fullness of natural-looking hair. So if you want a light wig and a very natural look, a 130% density wig perfectly resembling your natural hair is suitable for you.
Compared with 130% density wigs, 150% density wigs give a more full and voluminous look. It is a little heavier and is worn by women to get a fuller look.
2) 150% vs 180% Density Wig
150% density wigs are not too thick or too thin. And they give a lot of bounce, movement, and style options. This is why most people would rather choose a 150% density wig.
180% density wigs are heavier and have a peculiar look. Heavy-density wigs are worn by women who want a full and high-volume look. The high-density wig allows you to embrace opulent hairstyles but might be slightly heavy on your head.
3.Other Wigs Densities
1)80-90% (ultra-light hair density wig)
This is the lowest level of hair density found in wigs. Ultra-density wigs have low hair concentration and are only recommended for women with very thin or fine hair. This wig density is usually used for hairline or to give an age-realistic appearance.
2)100-120% (light hair density wigs)
This is very light, and wearing it won't make you feel like wearing a wig. It adopts a light-density texture structure near the hairline, and gradually becomes the medium density of the rest of the hairline.
3)200% (overweight hair density wig)
This is the highest density among wigs. Generally not worn by women, but only for professional artists. Extra Heavy Wig Density is hard to wear on your head and may feel very uncomfortable. However, it provides stage artists with the option to wear wigs in a unique style.
4.Is 150% Density Good For a Wig?
There is a question many girls are concerned about: Is 150 density full? Yes. 150% density is full, but you won’t feel heavy on your head. 150% density suits all wig users. Therefore, 150% density is good for a wig. Besides, as we mentioned, most wigs on the market are 150% density. They are fuller and thicker than natural hair density, but they can give you a more gorgeous hair look.
5. What Is The Best Density For a Wig?
150% density is the most common, then is it the best density for a wig? Actually, there is no exact answer. Different people have different preferences and needs for their wigs. If you want a wig density like your natural hair, 130% density is enough; If you have a fuller and thicker hair wig, 150% density wigs will be wonderful for you; If you need wigs with pretty thick and heavy hair, 180% density wigs are for you. In a word, you can decide which density to choose according to your actual needs.
6. What Should You Consider Before Getting a 150% Density Wig?
If you are considering whether you should get a 150% density wig, there are some factors to consider so that you can get a perfect wig.
Hairstyle is an important factor that you need to consider first. If you need a curly or a wavy hairstyle, a lower density is better because the curls themselves tend to look fluffy. Thick 180% hair density is also appropriate if you want gorgeous straight hair.
2) Lace Material
Generally speaking, the lace part of the wig cap can be made of many different materials. If you want a wig with 180% density, choose regular lace instead of HD lace. Because although HD lace can match all skin and is more comfortable, it's thinner and more fragile, and not suitable for heavy wigs.
3) Natural Hair Density
A very important factor is the density of your natural hair. A natural look always is one of our requirements for wigs, so you must consider your hair density when buying wigs. Generally, 150% wig density is perfect for people with thinner hair or the same density as a wig.
I believe that you have a basic understanding of 150% density wigs here. In general, 150% density wigs are suitable for anyone, because they are neither too thick nor too thin, and at the same time, 150% of wigs can basically meet all your needs for daily hairstyles. If you don't know which one to choose, then the long 150% will never be wrong.
Feedback From Customer Caroline A On Juliahair wig
This lace front wig can perfectly complement the skin so well. And Honey Blonde can create spring vibes.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62
G Mposted on Monday, June 20, 2022 5:07:38 AM America/Los_Angeles
Thank you for all your knowledge!