The Average Lifespan Of Wigs
Before splurging on one of those expensive wigs, you must wonder if it's worth it. How long will a wig last? From synthetic to human hair, from affordable to luxurious, we'll explore the longevity of wigs in this guide.
How Long Can You Wear A Wig?
One of the biggest factors affecting the life of a wig is how often you plan to wear it. Wearing a wig may not cause as much wear and tear on your wig as someone who wears a wig every day.
For those who struggle with hair loss conditions such as chemical alopecia or female pattern baldness, wearing a wig is the norm. With more frequent wear, it is especially important to find a wig that is natural looking and durable.
Whether you wear wigs every day, wear them to set new trends, or dress them up for special occasions, you want your wig to look as beautiful as the day you bought it. Let's explore the differences between synthetic wigs and human hair wigs. With this information, you'll know which products will stand the test of time.
How Long Do Synthetic Wigs Last?
Synthetic wigs are made from synthetic acrylic or nylon fibers and often lack the natural movement of human hair. They cannot be washed, dyed, or styled like human hair. While synthetic wigs are often more economical, they are of lower quality and durability. Especially if you plan to wear a wig every day.
Synthetic wigs may last 4 to 6 months if you take original care of them. This may vary depending on maintenance, frequency of wear, and overall quality. They have a relatively short lifespan compared to 100% real human hair wigs. This is mainly due to the unpredictable nature of their synthetic hair fibers.
How Long Will A Human Hair Wig Last?
A human hair wig is the best choice if you plan to wear a wig every day. With proper care, human hair wigs can last from 2 to 5 years. Not only do they outperform synthetic wigs in terms of longevity, but they also perform better in terms of quality and versatility.
This is because the human hair used in high-quality wigs can withstand more wear and tear than synthetic hair fibers.
In addition to durability, synthetic wigs often lack the natural look of human hair wigs. Human hair blends seamlessly with your natural hairline. And just like your natural hair, you can dye, process, and heat style them!
These high-quality human hair wigs are expensive. But in the long run, their long life makes human hair wigs more cost-effective than synthetic wigs. Instead of buying a new wig every few months, you can enjoy your high-quality human hair wig for years with proper care.
Which Type Of Human Hair Wig Lasts The Longest?
The longevity of a wig depends on many factors: hair quality, care, maintenance, styling behavior, manufacturing process, craftsmanship, etc. While human hair can be made into long-lasting wigs compared to synthetic wigs, they are not all comparable.
Within human hair wigs, the most popular varieties are virgin, human hair, and 100% human hair. The characteristics that make them unique also affect their durability. Virgin hair is human hair that has never been chemically treated or colored.
Centaur refers to human ponytails with their cuticles intact in a direction where they may be dyed or chemically treated. 100% human hair is indeed 100% human but can come from donor scalps, salon floors, combs, sewers, and the list goes on.
Here are a few recommendations for high-quality human hair wigs:
How To Make a Synthetic Wig Last Longer?
1. Keep It Clean
It is normal for synthetic wigs to get dirty from daily wear. Therefore, it is best to take the time to properly clean the fiber wig, making sure not to exert too much force on the fragile fibers.
2. The Right Care Products
A very important factor in keeping your wig in the best condition is to use the right wig care products. If you do not use professional wig care products, you will damage your synthetic wig and shorten its lifespan.
3. Multiple Wig Options
The most important tip is to buy more than one synthetic wig. Not only will this help extend the life of your wig, but it will also reduce the number of washes needed and allow you to try new wig styles!
4. Wear With Care
Be extra careful when wearing a wig, especially one with a lace front, because you don't want to damage the delicate lace. Try not to pull or tug hard on your wig because it's hard to feel exactly how much pressure you're using.
5. Use With Care
To keep your synthetic or human hair wig in top condition, we recommend storing your wig on a wig stand away from excessive heat and direct sunlight. Storing your wig properly, especially when traveling, will ensure that it maintains its best shape and that the hair fibers are not damaged or tangled.
How To Make A Human Hair Wig Last Longer?
1. Wash Carefully
Take extra care when washing your human hair wig carefully and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Buy shampoo and conditioner for wigs. Because human hair is not the same as hair that grows on the scalp.
2. How To Treat Wigs When Wet
It is best to style a heatless wig when it is slightly damp to ensure that the hair does not become too brittle. Do not brush your hair hard when it is still air-dried. Buy a wide-tooth comb to reduce damage to the hair.
3. Styling Products
When using wig styling products such as straighteners and curlers, always use them at a low temperature. When using these products, use a heat protection spray and avoid styling products near the roots of your lovely human hair wigs.
4. Blow Dry Your Wig Carefully
The hair is tied and knotted to the hair cap. If you overuse the hair dryer, this can cause the knots to become loose, which in turn can cause the hair to fall out.
If you have different views, get in touch with us immediately.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -35%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All Skin 13x4 Undetectable Transparent Lace Wig Human HairDiscount Price： $118.58 Total Price: $182.43save： $63.85
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $110.90 Total Price: $158.43save： $47.53
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -30%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $114.30 Total Price: $163.29save： $48.99
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $92.40 Total Price: $132.00save： $39.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62