How To Wash A Curly Human Hair Wig At Home
Do you admire people who have a full head curly hair, shiny and glossy? Of course, every black woman from African Americans like curly hair wig. There are curly human hair wig and synthetic curly wigs, supplies curly human hair wig.
Even people like curly hair wig, they are tired of how to wash and maintain it, because the hair has many curls, if they do the wrong way, it will destroy the curls. Today we will share with you how to wash the curly human hair wig at home which keeps the curls well.
Here is the step on how to wash a curly human hair wig at home
Step 1: wash your curly human hair wig
1. Comb or brush your curly hair wig from the ends. According to the curly hairstyle, please use the wide-tooth comb on curly hair. When the knots on the hair are free, you can work the way up to the roots until your comb through it without snagging. Comb your hair till it doesn’t tangle or matte.
2. Put some shampoo into the lurk water you prepare in the sink which you fill with water. Different hairstyles use different shampoos. Today we will share with you about shampoo for curly hair. If your hair was dyed, you need to choose the shampoo which can protect the hair color. Please don’t apply the shampoo on your wig directly, it will damage the cuticle of your hair. You can use soapy water to wash the wig. Remember that you had better not use the 2-in-1 shampoo because the conditioner can’t be too close to the hair roots, the same as our own hair.
3. Make sure the wig cap is outside and place it into the water. Please let the wig cap outside and leave the wig fibers loose. This way can make the shampoo easy to reach the cap where is the most dirt, oils, and sweat left. Then put the wig into the water till submerged them, and give the wig a gentle swirl to help the shampoo throughout the hair strands. Let the wig soak in the shampoo water for at least 5 minutes in order to make sure that the wig is completely submerged in the water. Please don’t do too much thrashing, squeezing, and swirling which causes the hair to get tangled easily.
4. Clean the shampoo with fresh warm water till all the shampoo is gone. Please don’t use hot water which will ruin the hair fiber. If your hair wig is thick, you can wash more. Different situations use different ways.
5. Use some high-quality conditioner on your wig to nutrition it. If your wig is common hair weft sewing in a wig, you can use the conditioner regularly, there wouldn’t have any affection on the weft. But if your wig is a lace front wig, please be careful about your wig cap. the hair strands are knotted onto the lace, if you use the conditioner on the lace, it will make the knots on the lace loose, then the hair should be falling. So you can use the hair conditioner by the wigs you use. In the market, there are many kinds of wigs, like lace wigs, full lace wigs, and lace front wigs, the skill is different, so the way how to protect it is different.
6. Wait for 4-5 minutes, then wash the conditioner. Make sure the hair submerges the conditioner completely, so the hair can keep glossy and shiny. In the cold freshwater, clean the conditioner on the hair.
Step 2: dry your curly human hair wig.
1. Put the wig cap to the right side and squeeze the water out gently. When you squeeze the water, please don’t twist or wring the fibers. Because it causes the hair to tangle or delicate to break. Never brush the wig when it is wet. The same reason.
2. Use a dry towel to absorb the excess water. Let the dry towel cover the hair, and press the towel to make sure it absorbs the water in the hair completely. After it, open the towel gently and remove the wig. If you have a long wig, make sure that the hair strands are smoothed enough, with no matte and knots.
3. Spray some conditioning spray on the wig which can help the wig avoid tangling. Don’t be too close to your wig. If your wig is curly, you can use some mousse to make the wig keep its shape.
4. Put your wet wig on the hair stand and let it dry in the air. Never brush your wig when it is wet which will damage the hair fibers. While your wig is curly, please use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers throughout your hair.
5. If you are hurry to use your wig, you can use the blow dry, but make sure to set the drier at a low temperature. Or it will damage the hair cuticles. When you use the hairdryer to dry the wig cap first, after the cap dries, you can place the wig onto your head. Fix it with bobby pins, and finish blow-drying the wig while it is on your head. If you want your wig to have more volume, you can dry it upside down.
This means let the wig cap outside, and let it dry first, clip the nape part of the wig cap to a pants hanger. When the wig cap dries, you can hang the wig up in the shower for a few hours to make sure it can air dry. Of course, you can’t use the shower now. If the shower is not available for use, you can hang your wig in some other places and dry it naturally without damaging the hair fibers. A customer asks us whether can dry the wig in the microwave, of course not, it not only damages your wig but also damage your microwave. Please be attentive to this.
Step 3: keep curls and maintain your curly wig.
1. You can brush your wig when it is dried completely. Brush the wig from the ends to avoid tangling. If your wig is curly, you can use the wide-tooth comb.
2. The hairstyle is not as good as it is before washing. You can use the curling iron to make some curls or flat iron to straighten your wig. All these curls will be lost when you wash your wig again, so you can do the same easily. When you use the iron, please set the proper temperature.
3. When you don’t wear your wig, you can put it on the wig stand. In this way, the wig can keep a good shape.
4. If your wig is dirty, you can re-wash it. Normally, after 2-4 weeks later, you can wash it. Washing more frequently is not good for the wig. The wigs are just like other products, the more you use, the less lifespan it is. The more you wash, the more cuticles are damaged easily. So please make sure to wash it when it is necessary.
5. Using a wig doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take care of your own hair. Your real hair is covered inside your wig, so when your hair keeps well, it is good for your wig. While your hair is dry, not too much oil, the wig can keep longer on your head without cleaning.
Curly hair is curled before they become a product to sell, though the hair is 100 human hair, after processing, the hair is fragile. When you make other hairstyles, the hair is easily broken. Follow the right way to protect your hair, it can make your curly hair wig last longer than usual.
There are some customers who use the flat iron at high temperatures, they told us the hair was burned, and that is because they use the hair in the wrong way. Please make sure the flat iron is at a low temperature. After washing your hair, you’d better not use a blow drier which will make the hair dry and split.
Chichiposted on Saturday, February 13, 2021 8:05:10 PM America/Los_Angeles
Thank you I learned how to wash my wig by following these steps. They are easy to follow.