How To Wash Tape-in Hair Extensions?
Tape-in hair extensions are a great type of hair extensions and one of the most popular methods. Tape-in hair extensions are very comfortable and seamless because they lay flat against your head. They blend in completely with your natural hair and it’s impossible to notice them if placed correctly. The application process is fast and easy so you won’t have to spend a lot of time on the installation and care.
As we know, a well-cared for tape-in hair extensions can be used for one to two months. And, you had better wash your hair regularly before the glue begins to loosen, preventing it from accumulating salt, dirt and mold. Here are some tips on how to wash tape-in hair extensions.
What You Will Need
· Lint-free towel
· Blow dryer with diffuser
· Wide-toothed Comb
Steps By Steps: Wash Tape-in Hair Extensions
Detangling Tape-in Hair Extensions
The first step in washing tape-in hair extensions is removing tangles and knots. Soaking the hair with water before straightening it out can lead to even worse tangles and knots, some of which may be impossible to remove without taking a pair of scissors to them. To avoid this mess, a comb can be used to gently separate the strands starting from the bottom and gradually moving to the top of the extension. Starting from the bottom is one way to avoid breaking off tangled bits unnecessarily.
Wet Your Hair With Warm Water
Apply a quality shampoo. Squeeze the shampoo at various points throughout your hair, then gently massage it into your scalp, hair, and hair pieces. Do not scrub vigorously, rub, or bunch your hair together as you may normally do--especially if the weave hair is curly. This will tangle the hair weave. As you attempt to free those tangles, the weave may become frizzy or pull free from its bonding.
Rinse Your Hair With Running Water
Rinse the shampoo completely out of your hair with running water. Apply a quality, cream-based deep conditioner to your hair. Again, squeeze or daub the conditioner in several places all over your scalp and hair, then gently massage in the product. Do not scrub or cause tangling.
Rinse Out Of The Conditioner
Brush the conditioner throughout your whole hair by using the wide-toothed comb and stay at least 3 minutes before you go to wash it. Completely rinse your hair, make it out of the conditioner.
Dry Your Hair
Pat your hair dry with a lint-free towel. If possible, let your hair air-dry. If you must blow dry it, use a dryer with a diffuser attachment, and avoid holding the dryer directly on top of bonded areas. Dry the extensions part of the hair pieces first, then dry the rest of your hair from the ends up.
It is very important to ensure your hair and tape-in hair extensions are completely dry before using a curling/flat iron. It is a good idea to lightly apply a blow drying lotion which will help to keep a curl and avoid any damage to the hair. However, please dry the product with a blow dryer before using an iron. If you applied too much product prior to using an iron the hair will get damaged.
Some Useful Tips
· Do not comb out tightly curled weave pieces. Simply shake them out.
· Use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to comb through wavy hair pieces.
· Rinse your hair with water and condition it after each workout (it is not necessary to use shampoo).
· African-American women should wash their hair every seven to 14 days.
· If you have African-American hair, avoid using conditioners that contain alcohol. They will dry out your hair.
· Use a mild astringent like witch hazel to clean your scalp between washings.
· Never go to sleep with your hair wet or damp.
- -60%Julia Flash Sale 3 Bundles Low To $55.55, Stock Limited, No Code Needed!Total Price: $138.87 Discount Price： $55.55save： $83.32
- -30%Julia Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Body Wave Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $195.66 Discount Price： $136.96save： $58.70
- -50%Julia Dominique A Recommend HD Lace Body Wave 5X5 Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Transparent Wigs Pre Plucked With Babyhair AroundTotal Price: $376.51 Discount Price： $188.26save： $188.25
- -50%Julia Bigkane's Same Hair 90's Inspired Layer Cut 13x4 Lace Front Straight Human Hair Wig With Pre Plucked HairlineTotal Price: $327.52 Discount Price： $163.76save： $163.76
- -30%Julia Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Silk Press Kinky Straight Wig Human Hair Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For SaleTotal Price: $197.96 Discount Price： $138.57save： $59.39
- -0%Julia Human Hair Headband Wigs Water Wave Best Brazilian Human Hair Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $88.90 / 1 Piece
- -30%Julia Honey Blonde Ombre Color Highlight 13*5 T-part Pre Plucked Lace Curly Wig150% DensityTotal Price: $205.19 Discount Price： $143.63save： $61.56
- -30%Julia Beginner Friendly V Part Wig Jerry Curly Human Hair Wigs No Leave Out No Sew In And No GelTotal Price: $217.02 Discount Price： $151.91save： $65.11
- -30%Julia Highlight Body Wave Colored Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig #FB30 Human Hair Lace Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $237.39 Discount Price： $166.17save： $71.22
- -30%Julia Body Wave Human Hair Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig Pre Plucked 150% 180% DensityTotal Price: $233.94 Discount Price： $163.76save： $70.18
- -50%Julia 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $443.21 Discount Price： $221.61save： $221.60