How To Wash Human Hair Wig?
Human hair wigs come in all lengths, styles, and colors. With hair loss hitting epidemic levels in women, more and more women are turning to wigs to help boost their self-confidence levels and maintain their good looks. Human hair wigs can be expensive, so it is important to properly care for your human hair wig in order to achieve maximum lifespan and the best appearance.
Today, here this guide will discuss how to properly wash. Luckily, washing human hair wigs is remarkably easy. Since they don’t have to remain on your head during either process, you don’t have to get wet yourself. The following information provides step-by-step instructions for washing your human hair wig.
How Often To Wash Your Human Hair Wig?
It is recommended to wash your human hair wig every 7-14 days of wear. Each time your hairpiece is washed, the lifespan of your wig is shortened. For this reason, the wig should not be washed more than is necessary. Using as few styling products as possible on your wig will allow you to wash it less often and extend its life. Wearing a wig cap underneath will also extend the life of your wig. The wig cap will help absorb scalp oils, keeping them away from the base of the cap.
Directions for Human Hair Wig Washing
• Keep your wig looking beautiful, longer
• Avoid stretching or damaging the cap
• Manage tangles and matting
• Reduce shedding and frizz
• Restore Luster
What You Will Need
• Wig Brush:
Wig Brushes use specially designed bristles to avoid tangling and breakage.
• Wig Shampoo:
Phosphate-free and sulfate-free shampoos protect hair color.
• Wig Conditioner:
Spray-on, leave-in conditioners work best to avoid knots, tangles, and breakage. Phosphate-free and sulfate-free conditioner should be used to prolong wigs lifespan.
• Wig Stand:
Helps shape the wig, especially in the drying stage.
Step 1: Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water. Avoid the temptation to use scalding hot water – it can be damaging to natural human hair.
Step 2: Add one tablespoon of gentle shampoo to the water. Shampoos that are designed for use by children often work very well. Unlike natural human hair, human hair wigs don’t regenerate new strands. Therefore, it’s vital to use gentle products on them.
Step 3: Gently comb out your wig before placing it in the basin. Don’t pull or tug on tangles or snarls. Work them out gently instead.
Step 4: Place your wig in the warm, soapy water. Let it soak in the water for about five minutes.
Step 5: After your wig has soaked, swirl it gently around for one to two minutes. Do not rub shampoo directly into the cap or the hair.
Step 6: Rinse the wig with cold water. Gently squeeze it to remove excess soap and water. Rinse as many times as necessary to ensure that all of the soap is removed.
Step 7: Place the wing on a wig stand. Let it air dry.
Step 8: Using the coolest and lowest power settings, use a blow dryer to dry your wig. Try not to pull or tug on strands of hair while you are drying the wig.
Human Hair Wig Care Tips:
◆ Store your wig on a wig stand or form that is smaller than the base of the cap to prevent the cap from stretching.
◆ Direct sunlight will fade the hair so avoid storing your wig where it will be exposed to light.
◆ Do not wear your hairpiece while sleeping. It may result in hair loss, breakage and matting.
◆ Lighter hair colors are more delicate than darker colors because additional processing is needed to achieve the light colors.
◆ Over time, your wig will lose hair. This is a natural part of the life cycle of your wig.
◆ Avoid contact with chlorinated water, sea water, and hot water to avoid damage to your wig.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62