How To Use Hair Mousse?
If there is a woman who grew up in the 80s in your life, maybe you have heard that the mousse of yesteryear was very popular even though sticky, gloopy, and crunchy. But with the development of the times, mousse got a facelift and has been able to solve some hair woes. And because of the variations of hair mousse, it can work for all hair types. Consequently, everyone can get in on the benefits. In this blog, we will explain everything you need to know about hair mousse.
What Is Hair Mousse?
The term “mousse” originates from a French term meaning foam. Hair mousse originated in France and was brought to the North American retail market by L'Oreal in the 1980s. Hair mousse also referred to as styling foam, is a hairstyling product to protect, control, and style hair. It is a hairstyling product, often dispensed in an aerosol foam spray or in cream form. And it works by using synthetic resins to coat the hairs, to assist the hair in taking a certain shape.
What Does Mousse Do For Hair?
In basic terms, hair mousse is a lightweight foam that gives hair volume, bounce, shape, and definition. If you want to add volume to your hair, you can apply some mousse at your hair roots and give your mid-lengths a little extra body. And mousse also provides quite a bit of hold. Therefore, if you want to make your hairstyle stay longer after styling it, just apply some mousse, and then you will get some natural longevity without having to incorporate a sticky hairspray. For girls who like body waves and curly hair, the mousse will add lots of definition to your hair. You can treat it as a great addition to your washing routine to make your hair life come back.
Is Mousse Bad For Your Hair?
Too much of anything can be bad for your hair, and hair mousse is no exception. The ingredients of hair mousse contain alcohol or sulfates, which can cause your hair to become brittle and dry if overused. If you apply too much hair mousse, it will dry out your hair strands and cause hair damage, especially for the hair strands that have experienced chemical treatment, overusing mousse may have adverse effects on your hair, such as hair breakage and roughness. Moreover, if you have sensitive skin and are allergic to any ingredients used in hair mousse, you may get an allergy breakout. It should be noted that you should be careful enough to avoid hair mousse contact with your eyes or nose, hair mousse can irritate.
Many people wonder that “can you put mousse on dry hair”, our answer is you’d better not. For the curls with moisture as the number one priority, or those who don't need a product with general hold, but seek more of a product/product combo to hydrate than a seal. If your hair is thirsty, then your top priority is to add and keep moisture. If you find your hair has become dry or brittle with a mousse, please cut back on your usage to keep balance or use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner in your regimen. A quality clarifying shampoo and a nourishing conditioner can help you eliminate mousse buildup and keep your hair balanced.
How To Use Hair Mousse?
Firstly, wash your hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner thoroughly, which will help clear off the impurities and deeply nourish your hair strands. This will build a perfect base for the following steps. Then use a towel to remove the excess water from your hair, but make sure it is a little wet because hair mousse will work better on wet hair. Next, section out a strand of wet hair, take a small amount of hair mousse on your palm, and gently rub your hands to spread it. You can use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to spread the mousse evenly. Work it into the length of your hair and do not leave out any portion. After that, take out your blow dryer. Take a round brush to hold a small section of hair and pull the hair upward while blow-drying. Now you can style your hair according to your preference.
How Often Should You Use Hair Mousse?
Effectively, you can use hair mousse daily or weekly. There is no limitation from the safety point of view. But it doesn’t mean that you can use hair mousse on your hair at will because there are alcohol and other drying agents that may cause your hair to dry out. Therefore, you can use it only when needed and pay attention to changes in your hair's texture or health thereafter.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -35%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All Skin 13x4 Undetectable Transparent Lace Wig Human HairDiscount Price： $118.58 Total Price: $182.43save： $63.85
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $110.90 Total Price: $158.43save： $47.53
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -30%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $114.30 Total Price: $163.29save： $48.99
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $92.40 Total Price: $132.00save： $39.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62