How To Measure Your Head For A Wig - Find Your Perfect Wig
Add Julia To Homescreen Save Up To $100.
1.OVER $299, Get $59 OFF CODE: HOT59
2.OVER $199, Get $29 OFF CODE:HOT29
3.Get 12% Off With Coupon Code CODE: HOT12
Finding the right cap size for your wig is crucial. No one wants to wait for their wigs to arrive, only to find that the wigs are unusable because they are either too big or too small. Choosing the correct wig cap size can be the difference between feeling and looking comfortable.
While the average-sized wigs tend to fit about 95% of customers, you will find that quite a few wigs also come in petite and large sizes. We suggest that you measure your head size first to ensure the perfect fit. We want to make sure you get the best human hair wigs or hairpieces to fit you.
In this article, you'll learn how to measure your head for a wig using a fabric tape measure so that you can pick a wig cap size perfect for your head. The best part? Measuring your head just takes a few minutes- -and those few minutes are worth it when you're investing in a high-quality wig.
Learn About Wig Cap Size - Find Your Perfect Wig
Use this guide to help identify the cap size circumference of a wig. To find your cap size for a wig, use a flexible fabric or plastic tape to measure, and then use the below chart to help select the correct wig cap size.
Child: (12.5 inches: Ear to ear), (12 inches: Front to back), (18 – 19.5 inches: Circumference),
Average: (13.5 inches: Ear to ear), (14 inches: Front to back), (21.5 – 22.5 inches: Circumference),
Petite: (13 inches: Ear to ear), (13.25 inches: Front to back), (20 – 21.5 inches: Circumference),
Large: (14 inches: Ear to ear), (15.5 inches: Front to back), (22.5 – 23.5 inches: Circumference).
Remember, the sizing is a guideline. All hair vendors and manufacturers have their sizing systems. Wig sizes typically fall into the above general categories. There are many simple techniques to make your wig feel more secure on your head.
How To Measure Your Head For Wig?
Determining the right size wig for your head starts with understanding the basic measurements you'll need. For the best fit, there are six different measurements to figure out your perfect wig size.
Mark where the tape ends, and use the chart above to see what size you are. Please note that sizes may vary slightly by brand and that not all wigs are available in all cap sizes. The most important thing is to be sure to pull back any loose hair first.
2) Front hairline to the nape of your neck
3) Ear-to-ear across hairline at the forehead
4) Ear-to-ear over the top of your head
5) Temple-to-temple behind the back of your head
6) Nape of the neck at the back hairline
The Details Of Each Measurement
Before taking head measurements your hair should be prepared exactly how you would want it to be when your lace front wig is applied. Before you begin taking your measurements, be sure to have your hair lying flat, braided, or pinned up. You can take measurements with or without a wig cap on.
Place the tape flat against your forehead at your hairline and wrap it around your head. The tape should rest behind your ears and also sit on the nape of your neck.
2) Front to nape:
This measures the length of your forehead to the nape. To determine where the nape of your neck is, slightly look up and place your finger on the bend. Where your neck bends and the skin folds, is where your nape is.
You will want the bottom of the wig to sit above this area; so that when you move your head back that far, your wig will not move on your head.
Place the tape on the center of your hairline, bring the tape atop of your head, and down to the nape.
3) Ear to ear across forehead:
Measure your head from the top of one ear, over the crown to the top of the other ear.
Your wig should settle into your natural hairline. The back of the wig should come down to the natural hairline (nape) in the back. Our wigs have an adjustable strap, an elastic band that allows you to adjust the circumference of your wig for the best and most comfortable fit.
4) Ear to ear over the top of head:
Place the tape at your hairline at the top of your ears and measure over the top of your head over to your opposite ear.
5) Temple to temple around the back of head:
Place the tape measure at your hairline from your temple going around the back of your head to the opposite temple.
6) Nape of neck:
Measure the width of your hairline across the nape of the neck.
Each of these measurements will come in handy when looking at a wig-sizing guide. Similar to purchasing an item of clothing, each measurement represents a different part of the wig. The more accurate those measurements, the better the fit of your unit.
Warm Tips To Wear The Perfect Wig
Your wig should fit comfortably with your natural hairline, which is a few inches above your eyebrows.
The back of the wig is to come down to the nape on the back of your neck. Studies show that 95% of the population wears an average or medium wig capsize.
The majority of wigs come in the average/medium capsizes but come with adjustable straps in the back. Adjustable straps allow you to adjust the overall size of your wig for the best and most relaxed fit.
Wig caps have a size label inside. If this is the case, remember your size so you can reference it the next time you order a wig. Once a person has decided to wear a wig, there is no reason not to enjoy the process. The first step to effectively pulling off new tresses is to be sized correctly.
No wig will look natural if it is not the right size, and hopefully, refer to the informative guide above to find a suitable size for your wig cap. Once you get the right measure, just about nothing can prevent your beauty from shining.
We hope this article is a substantial help to your fantastic journey wearing your favorite wigs. Also, if our tips satisfy you, do not forget to share our blog with those who may also be interested. Feel free to explore other helpful articles on our blog as well.
- -60%Julia Flash Sale 3 Bundles Low To $55.55, Stock Limited, No Code Needed!Total Price: $138.87 Discount Price： $55.55save： $83.32
- -30%Julia Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Body Wave Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $195.66 Discount Price： $136.96save： $58.70
- -50%Julia Dominique A Recommend HD Lace Body Wave 5X5 Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Transparent Wigs Pre Plucked With Babyhair AroundTotal Price: $376.51 Discount Price： $188.26save： $188.25
- -50%Julia Bigkane's Same Hair 90's Inspired Layer Cut 13x4 Lace Front Straight Human Hair Wig With Pre Plucked HairlineTotal Price: $327.52 Discount Price： $163.76save： $163.76
- -30%Julia Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Silk Press Kinky Straight Wig Human Hair Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For SaleTotal Price: $197.96 Discount Price： $138.57save： $59.39
- -0%Julia Human Hair Headband Wigs Water Wave Best Brazilian Human Hair Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $88.90 / 1 Piece
- -30%Julia Honey Blonde Ombre Color Highlight 13*5 T-part Pre Plucked Lace Curly Wig150% DensityTotal Price: $205.19 Discount Price： $143.63save： $61.56
- -30%Julia Beginner Friendly V Part Wig Jerry Curly Human Hair Wigs No Leave Out No Sew In And No GelTotal Price: $217.02 Discount Price： $151.91save： $65.11
- -30%Julia Highlight Body Wave Colored Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig #FB30 Human Hair Lace Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $237.39 Discount Price： $166.17save： $71.22
- -30%Julia Body Wave Human Hair Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig Pre Plucked 150% 180% DensityTotal Price: $233.94 Discount Price： $163.76save： $70.18
- -50%Julia 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $443.21 Discount Price： $221.61save： $221.60