How To Make Lace Frontal Wig?
ace front wigs come with many benefits that include style and ease of use. Lace-front wigs are in high demand among both everyday women and celebrities who enjoy switching up hairstyles with ease.
A lace front wig helps people to change their hairstyle without actually changing their own hair or spending hours in the hair salon. High-quality lace frontal human hair wigs are expensive, so many people opt to make a lace frontal wig by themselves with human hair bundles with a lace frontal. Today, we will share with you the tutorial that you'll be on your way to creating a flawless lace front wig on your first try...
What Is A Lace Frontal Wig?
Lace frontal wigs or lace front wigs, as they are sometimes called, are a variation of Lace Wigs which are sewed by human hair bundles with lace frontal. They are extremely popular among our clients and among people who wear wigs in general. Lace wigs can be classified by their mesh appearance that adds a greater realism to your wig. Lace frontal wigs are so named because the sheer lace that makes up the wig is located in the front part (the part that rests on the forehead) of the wig. These lace front wigs are ideal and extremely popular because they will appear as if you have a natural hairline in front, even if you are wearing a front lace wig.
What You Will Need
- Wig Shampoo And Conditioner
- Curved Needles & Black Thread
- Straight Needles
- Wig Cap Mesh
- White Pencil
- Wig Combs
- Hair clips
- Duck Clips
- Mannequin Heads
- Elastic Band
- T pins
Step By Step: How To Make Lace Frontal Wig
Step1: Preparing the Wig Band
Turn the wig band out to expose the lace. You want to start by bleaching the knots of the lace frontal in order to make it blend with your scalp color. Mix peroxide in a 1:1 ratio and spread the bleach on the lace with a knife as though you were spreading butter on a piece of toast. Do this on the front side of the big band and then turn it over and do the same thing on the back of it.
Step 2: Rinse Your Wig
Once you have spread the bleach, allow it to set for 30-40 minutes. Set a timer and go do something fun while you wait! When you return, you need to wash off the bleach with shampoo, tint the lace frontal and finally condition your wig. After conditioning and a quick rinse, your wig is ready to pluck!
Step 3: Plucking the Lace Frontal
To easily pluck the lace frontal, spray it with water. Pluck it right after conditioning, so that it’s still wet. Do not pluck the hairline because you could create a visible bald patch. The same process applies to the sides of the of the wig. Tie the hair up in a bun, and pluck sides the hairline. While you’re at it, it’s necessary to do the same thing on the lace frontal wig.
Step 4: Place Your Wig
Place the wig cap onto the mannequin head then place the lace frontal onto the cap. Drag the wig forward and down to where your ears will be when you wear it. Pin it down.
Step 5: Stitch Lace Frontal
Next, you’ll want to stitch the lace frontal to the wig cap. Stitch at the base of the lace where the lace meets the hair. Do your best to stitch as neatly as you can. At this stage, you can cut the extra lace off but this isn’t necessary or maybe even advisable. A better alternative would be to stitch it down also.
Step 6: Sew-in Your Hair Weave
It is at this point, that we begin sewing in the human hair weave. Start at the back of the mannequin head and attach the hair weave to the wig cap. Stitch from one side to the other following a semi-circle form around the mannequin head.
When you reach the other side, fold over the hair weft and sew it down neatly and securely so that it lays as flat as possible each time. Continue by stitching over to the other side of the head.
Repeat these steps until you reach the top of the head at the seam of the lace frontal and the wig cap and sew the tracks as closely together as you can to eliminate any gaps. You should only see tiny gaps between tracks.
Step 7: Cut Off The Excess Wig Cap
After that, cut off the excess wig cap since you’ll want the frontal to blend in with your hairline ultimately. Add the wig combs.
Step 8: Install Lace Frontal Wig
Cornrow your hair back neatly and put on the lace frontal wig you just made. Next, carefully trim the lace off at the front of the wig.
Step 9: Create The Natural Hairline
One of the main complaints from newbie lace front wig wearers is the unnatural hairline. No one's hairline is full from ear to ear, and it'll be the first indicator that you're wearing a wig. Adjust your lace front accordingly. If you have thinner natural edges, then pluck your lace front's hairline to get it to a more realistic density.
Now, you have completed the big project. Do you find this helpful? If you have learned this technique, please share it with everyone since you know may also benefit from this information too! So many hairstyles for your choice if you make a lace frontal wig by yourself. Feel free to style it however you desire, the possibilities are endless!
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62