How To Detangle Your Curly Hair?
If you have curly hair, then you know that trying to run a brush through it can often be quite the challenge. Want to help keep your curls smooth, soft and without frizz? Remember to incorporate regular hair detangling into your curly hair routine. It’s an essential part of caring for virgin curly hair . Detangling is a crucial part of all hair care. Detangling is simply using a hair-care tool to comb or brush through your hair. This helps to remove tangles and shed hairs that can cause matting, knots, and ultimately, breakage.
However, there is a right way to detangle your curly hair—so it’s all about knowing how to do it. But should you try detangling your curly hair when it’s wet or dry? And should you use a brush or a comb? Follow our step-by-step instructions for detangling curly hair, then learn about our best hair care tips for curly hair.
When Should You Detangle?
Detangling hair is a crucial step in any hair care regimen, and just as there are many types of curls and coils, there are just as many ways to detangle. The frequency at which you should detangle your curls varies from texture to texture. Even within the texture, it varies on your specific hair type. A good rule of thumb is to detangle your hair on wash days, whether that is once a week or every other day.
When Should You Wash?
This depends on many things, such as what sort of climate you live in, how active you are or how oily your scalp gets. In general, you should wash your hair at least once a week, you may find that you prefer to wash more or less but this is a good starting off point.
How Often Should You Detangle Curly Hair?
Typically, you should detangle whenever you cleanse or condition your hair, but the process can take some time depending on your curly hair texture. If you have wavy or curly hair, you should detangle hair knots and snags at least once a week. However, if your curls are coiled or kinky, you may be able to go as long as a week or two in between detangling hair sessions.
Detangle Your Curly Hair When It’s Wet or Dry?
Again, your detangling method depends on your texture and hair type. Dry, coarse, or tightly curled and coiled hair should use wet detangling only when laden with slippery conditioner. For severe tangling, finger detangle with coconut oil before wet detangling with conditioner. And looser curls, thick, and heavier density hair types can lightly spritz with penetrating oil like argan before dry detangling with a paddle brush before and during a cleansing session. After a cleansing session, coat your strands with a smoothing conditioner before combing or brushing.
How To Detangle Your Curly Hair?1.Start With Damp Or Wet Hair
Detangling curly hair is easier when your hair is wet. So, hop in the shower and use shampoo and conditioner before getting down to it. Remember though that your hair is at its most fragile when it’s wet, so you’ll want to be gentle during the detangling process. That’s where the next two steps come into play.2.Add Leave-in Conditioner
If you find that your curly hair is especially difficult to comb through, spritz on a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray to help make the process more effortless. Focus on the mid-lengths to the ends of your hair.3. Use A Wide-tooth Comb, Never A Brush
Curly hair is very fragile. Using a wide-tooth comb is the gentlest way to detangle curls. It also won’t disturb the natural curl pattern like a brush. Better yet, go for finger-combing for the most gentle approach.4. Always Comb Your Hair From The Bottom Up
Think about it: Where are your tangles? They’re probably towards the bottom of your hair, right? Starting at the bottom allows you to gently detangle each knot, rather than compounding them all toward the bottom and yanking your way through with a wide-tooth comb.
- -60%Julia Flash Sale 3 Bundles Low To $55.55, Stock Limited, No Code Needed!Total Price: $138.87 Discount Price： $55.55save： $83.32
- -30%Julia Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Body Wave Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $195.66 Discount Price： $136.96save： $58.70
- -50%Julia Dominique A Recommend HD Lace Body Wave 5X5 Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Transparent Wigs Pre Plucked With Babyhair AroundTotal Price: $376.51 Discount Price： $188.26save： $188.25
- -50%Julia Bigkane's Same Hair 90's Inspired Layer Cut 13x4 Lace Front Straight Human Hair Wig With Pre Plucked HairlineTotal Price: $327.52 Discount Price： $163.76save： $163.76
- -30%Julia Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Silk Press Kinky Straight Wig Human Hair Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For SaleTotal Price: $197.96 Discount Price： $138.57save： $59.39
- -0%Julia Human Hair Headband Wigs Water Wave Best Brazilian Human Hair Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $88.90 / 1 Piece
- -30%Julia Honey Blonde Ombre Color Highlight 13*5 T-part Pre Plucked Lace Curly Wig150% DensityTotal Price: $205.19 Discount Price： $143.63save： $61.56
- -30%Julia Beginner Friendly V Part Wig Jerry Curly Human Hair Wigs No Leave Out No Sew In And No GelTotal Price: $217.02 Discount Price： $151.91save： $65.11
- -30%Julia Highlight Body Wave Colored Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig #FB30 Human Hair Lace Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $237.39 Discount Price： $166.17save： $71.22
- -30%Julia Body Wave Human Hair Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig Pre Plucked 150% 180% DensityTotal Price: $233.94 Discount Price： $163.76save： $70.18
- -50%Julia 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $443.21 Discount Price： $221.61save： $221.60