How To Color Your Weave Hair?
The ultimate goal of wearing a weave is to completely hide the fact that you are wearing a weave. To accomplish this, you need to ensure the weave hair perfectly matches your natural hair. This includes hair texture and, of course, hair color.
While some people dye their weave to match the color of their natural hair, others dye their natural hair and the weave hair to achieve a completely new color and look. Unfortunately, weave hair can become damaged if the dying process is not done properly; thus causing you to waste all the money you’ve spent on buying the high-quality weave hair.
Today, I will share with you how to color your weave hair. Follow our step-by-step guide on how to bleach and dye non-processed human hair weaves to any color you desire.
Can We Dry A Weave Hair?
Well, the secret is in the weave hair and, of course, hair dye. Most of the women you see in beautifully colored weaves have had them dyed. Note, however, that the weave must be human hair.
Virgin human hair weaves are also the longest lasting weaves, and you can wear them for a year or longer. You may wonder whether it is safe to dye human hair extensions. By all means yes; you can change the color of your human hair weave. As long as the hair is 100% human hair, then there is no problem coloring the weave.
Actually, you can do anything with human hair weaves that you can do with your natural hair. Thus you can relax, cut, dye and even heat style it. There are times you will see a beautiful human hair weave but the color is not the right one for you. Do not fear picking it since you can always have your hairdresser dye it to suit your natural hair color.
What Should You Do Before Coloring?
As you plan to dye your virgin hair weave, keep these points in mind:
Do a strand test: Just like you do with your natural hair, it is important that you first do a test to see if the weave will handle the coloring process. Mix the dye as given in the instructions then apply it to a strand or section of the hair. Observe the result before you continue with the rest of the weave.
You will also need to carry out the hair coloring space in a well-ventilated room with ample counter space or a large table. You will also have spreadsheets of tin foil over your counter-top or table top to keep it from getting stained. Once you’ve purchased the hair dye, developer, applicator bottle, and gloves online or from a local beauty store, you can now start the hair coloring process.
How To Color Your Weave Hair?
What you will need
Here are the tools you need to have before starting the process:
- Human weave hair
- Hair developer and hair color
- A brush
- A color bowl
- Plastic wrap
- A towel
- Aluminum foil
- A wide tooth comb
Step-by-step To Color Your Weave Hair
Your first priority is to disentangle the extensions by combing through them with your wide tooth comb. You have to ensure that any stylish products used in the virgin hair weave bundles are completely washed out ahead of time before applying the color. You can dry the hair bundles after disentangling and washing them by placing them on a towel.
The next step in to prepare the hair color mixture. Before proceeding with this step, ensure that your hands are well protected by wearing the rubber gloves. Follow the usage instructions that came with the hair color and developer before pouring them into the applicator bottle. Close the applicator bottle and shake it well until you are sure that everything is thoroughly mixed.
Once the hair color mixture is ready, you can now use the dye to coat your human hair extensions. Comb through the extensions to ensure that the hair color is evenly distributed and coats all the areas you want dyed. Cover the hair extensions with aluminum foil once you finish applying the dye. Let the color set into the hair for some time as specified on the color box.
This step involves rinsing excess hair color from the virgin weave hair. To ensure faster and more thorough removal of color, use warm water when rinsing the weave hair. After all the dye is gone, shampoo the weaves and apply a conditioner. You can comb through the weaves gently after applying the conditioner to straighten the hair.
You now have to rinse your colored virgin hair extensions using cold water to get rid of the conditioner. This does not only leave the hair looking shiny, but will also seal the hair coloring.
Finally, It’s important that you should air dry the hair weaves. Air drying preserves moisture and leaves hair looking shinier. If you are in a hurry you can speed up the process by using a diffuser or a blow drier to dry your weave hair bundles.
The hair should be completely dry and dyed out when you complete the process and can be applied to your hair to give you your desired makeover. Your hair now has a whole new color that will turn heads and make you look and feel fabulous! I hope this tutorial can help you to color your hair weave and make the most beautiful look.
Weave Hair DYING Tutorial:
Shop For More Virgin Weave Hair
- -60%Julia Flash Sale 3 Bundles Low To $55.55, Stock Limited, No Code Needed!Total Price: $138.87 Discount Price： $55.55save： $83.32
- -30%Julia Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Body Wave Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $195.66 Discount Price： $136.96save： $58.70
- -50%Julia Dominique A Recommend HD Lace Body Wave 5X5 Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Transparent Wigs Pre Plucked With Babyhair AroundTotal Price: $376.51 Discount Price： $188.26save： $188.25
- -50%Julia Bigkane's Same Hair 90's Inspired Layer Cut 13x4 Lace Front Straight Human Hair Wig With Pre Plucked HairlineTotal Price: $327.52 Discount Price： $163.76save： $163.76
- -30%Julia Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Silk Press Kinky Straight Wig Human Hair Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For SaleTotal Price: $197.96 Discount Price： $138.57save： $59.39
- -0%Julia Human Hair Headband Wigs Water Wave Best Brazilian Human Hair Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $88.90 / 1 Piece
- -30%Julia Honey Blonde Ombre Color Highlight 13*5 T-part Pre Plucked Lace Curly Wig150% DensityTotal Price: $205.19 Discount Price： $143.63save： $61.56
- -30%Julia Beginner Friendly V Part Wig Jerry Curly Human Hair Wigs No Leave Out No Sew In And No GelTotal Price: $217.02 Discount Price： $151.91save： $65.11
- -30%Julia Highlight Body Wave Colored Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig #FB30 Human Hair Lace Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $237.39 Discount Price： $166.17save： $71.22
- -30%Julia Body Wave Human Hair Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig Pre Plucked 150% 180% DensityTotal Price: $233.94 Discount Price： $163.76save： $70.18
- -50%Julia 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $443.21 Discount Price： $221.61save： $221.60