How To Choose The Right Lace Color?
Are you ready to buy the best human hair wigs? When choosing to buy human hair lace front wigs you’ll have noticed that we mention the lace color. But what does that mean? Well, read on to find out about the types of lace and how to choose the right color for your wig to match your scalp.
You want to match the lace color with your scalp complexion, not your skin tone. This is because when you part the unit, you want it to appear as your natural scalp color. So to check your scalp color part of your hair and look at the color of your scalp to determine your lace color.
The Different Types Of Lace Color
There are three different colors of lace: Swiss lace, Transparent lace, Brown lace, and HD lace. Swiss lace and Brown lace are the most common colors of lace. How do you determine what lace will blend effortlessly against your scalp and skin? It's honestly easier than you think.
Swiss Lace Color – most common for human hair wigs
Swiss lace is the most common type of lace for human hair wigs, lace frontals, closures, etc. Before Covid-19 shut down, 95% of lace for human hair wigs was produced in North Korea. Nowadays, most Swiss lace is produced in China just like how 95% of human hair extensions, wigs, frontals, closures all come from China.
Swiss lace is a lot thinner than beauty supply lace and the lace grids are not as tight making it more comfortable on your skin. It's also less harsh and won’t scratch your scalp. Swiss lace comes in many colors so you need to know how to choose the right type of Swiss lace when you shop for a lace front wig.
Brown Lace Color – Good for dark to medium skin tones
Brown lace is the most common type of lace. There are different levels of brown lace: dark brown-medium brown-light brown. The most common type is medium brown since it’s in the middle range and can work with more people.
Brown lace is great for darker skin tones, and sometimes medium brown skin tones. The tricky part is, different manufacturer’s brown lace also come in slightly different shades, meaning that one factory’s brown lace can be significantly darker than another factory’s.
When you shop lace front wig and see; medium brown lace”, be careful because if you happen to receive a lace that’s darker than your complexion, no matter how well you bleach the hair knots and use makeup, there will be a “dark edge” around your hairline.
Transparent Lace Color – Best for medium brown, light skin. Can be tinted to blend with dark skin tones
Transparent lace is still within the Swiss lace family. Meaning that the thickness and the grid size should be about the same as brown lace. Transparent lace is not “transparent”, it is just a lighter version of brown lace.
We love transparent lace because it virtually blends almost close to invisible for all skin tones. Transparent lace frontals especially work well for medium brown to light skin. It even works well for white skin.
HD Lace Color – thinnest lace in the market, but expensive and high maintenance
HD lace is also called ultra-fine thin Swiss lace. This type of lace is the thinnest in the market and virtually blends with any medium brown, light brown, and white skin. This type of lace is invisible from as close as 2 feet away if applied correctly.
If you have very dark skin, HD lace can still work very well for you with proper lace tint. In fact, if you have very dark skin, you will most likely have to tint most lace front wigs.
What many people don’t know is that even HD lace comes in different shades, usually light ivory and white. Both shades work well for light-skinned customers because the lace itself is already very thin and easy to blend.
What's the Difference between Normal Lace and HD Lace?
The key point we wearing a wig is to make it look as natural as possible. As we can see in the picture attached below, the HD lace can melt into our skin much better than normal lace, which can make our hairline looks more natural and less visible.
What's the Difference Between HD Lace and Transparent Lace?
A: As we mentioned above, HD lace is a new kind of lace material, and transparent lace is the normal lace with transparent color.
We often recommend transparent lace to light skin tone girls, but recently we found that transparent color lace can melt to any skin tone after we bleach the hair knots and glue down the hairline.
But according to the features of the lace material itself, HD lace wig is still more thin, delicate and transparent than transparent normal lace.
What’s The Difference Between Transparent Lace and Brown Lace?
The point we put on the wig is to make it look as natural as possible. Transparent lace closure lace can melt into our skin much better than normal lace, which can make our hairline look more natural and less visible.
The cost of a full transparent lace wig is much higher than a normal lace wig. If you’re going to buy, you should consider a budget. If you are just starting your journey of normal lace or transparent lace closure, either of these products is perfect for you.
How To Choose The Right Lace Color?
First, part your hair and look at your scalp color. Choose the lace color that matches the color of your scalp. If you can't find the lace color that matches your scalp exactly, it's better to go lighter than darker. If you’re still unsure, the safest choice is Transparent lace. We recommend using HD lace, which is also transparent.
HD lace is undetectable and blends very well with any skin tone. However, if you are a wig beginner, this may not be the best option because it is very soft and delicate. You must handle it very carefully to prevent it from tearing up. HD lace is also more expensive, so consider this if you have the budget for it.
- -60%Julia Flash Sale 3 Bundles Low To $55.55, Stock Limited, No Code Needed!Total Price: $138.87 Discount Price： $55.55save： $83.32
- -30%Julia Affordable Honey Blonde Highlights 13X4 Lace Front Wig 150% Density Body Wave Transparent Lace Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $195.66 Discount Price： $136.96save： $58.70
- -50%Julia Dominique A Recommend HD Lace Body Wave 5X5 Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Transparent Wigs Pre Plucked With Babyhair AroundTotal Price: $376.51 Discount Price： $188.26save： $188.25
- -50%Julia Bigkane's Same Hair 90's Inspired Layer Cut 13x4 Lace Front Straight Human Hair Wig With Pre Plucked HairlineTotal Price: $327.52 Discount Price： $163.76save： $163.76
- -30%Julia Affordable 13X4 Lace Front Silk Press Kinky Straight Wig Human Hair Wigs With Pre-Plucked Natural Hairline For SaleTotal Price: $197.96 Discount Price： $138.57save： $59.39
- -0%Julia Human Hair Headband Wigs Water Wave Best Brazilian Human Hair Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $88.90 / 1 Piece
- -30%Julia Honey Blonde Ombre Color Highlight 13*5 T-part Pre Plucked Lace Curly Wig150% DensityTotal Price: $205.19 Discount Price： $143.63save： $61.56
- -30%Julia Beginner Friendly V Part Wig Jerry Curly Human Hair Wigs No Leave Out No Sew In And No GelTotal Price: $217.02 Discount Price： $151.91save： $65.11
- -30%Julia Highlight Body Wave Colored Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig #FB30 Human Hair Lace Wigs For WomenTotal Price: $237.39 Discount Price： $166.17save： $71.22
- -30%Julia Body Wave Human Hair Wigs 13x4 Transparent Lace Front Wig Pre Plucked 150% 180% DensityTotal Price: $233.94 Discount Price： $163.76save： $70.18
- -50%Julia 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsTotal Price: $443.21 Discount Price： $221.61save： $221.60