How Often And How To Wash Your Colored Wigs?
If you have just bought your colored wig, one of the questions that are probably running through your mind is how often you should wash it and how to actually wash it. If you are in this category, you are in the right place. This article gives you a guide to help you wash your colored wigs. So, keep on reading this piece to learn how you can wash your colored wig.
Colored wigs have become insanely popular over recent years. These wigs come in plenty of colors to choose from. This flexibility is what has made these colored wigs very popular. Whether you are looking for a maroon, blue, or pink wig, you can easily find it from reputable hair vendors.
Other than being available in plenty of colors to choose from, buying colored wigs from hair vendors is more affordable compared to when you buy your wig and color it yourself. This is because when you choose to color your wig, you will have to purchase all the tools you need to dye your wig, which can again add to the cost of purchasing the wig. You also have to spend your precious time coloring the wig. You can avoid all the hassle by buying a colored wig from a reputable hair vendor.
How Often Should You Wash Your Color Wig?
Deciding how often you wash your colored wig is a personal choice. You can either choose to wash it once every week or after two weeks. It all depends on your choice. If your human hair lace wig starts to feel sticky or dry, or you can feel it smelling bad, that means it is time to wash it. If you are wearing a human hair-colored wig, it is advisable to wash it after 1-2 years. Remember that washing your colored wig can affect its lifespan. That's why you should avoid over-washing your wig.
Certain factors can also determine how often you should wash your wig. These factors include:
1. How Often do You Wear Your Wig
If you wear your colored wig more frequently, that means it can get dirty pretty faster. So you have to wash it regularly. If you don’t wear your wig more often, then you don’t have to wash it weekly or after two weeks.
2. The Quality of the Wig
The quality of your wig can also determine how frequently you will wash your wig. a low-quality wig is more likely to deteriorate with more wash. But a human hair wig can be washed without any worry of damaging it. This is why you should pay attention to the quality of the wig when buying the wig.
3. How Well You Maintain Your Wig
A well-maintained colored wig doesn’t require more wash. If you take good care of your wig by bushing it regularly, not sleeping in it, and storing it properly, you won’t have to wash it more often because it will be in a good condition. The key is to take proper care of your wig.
How To Wash Your Colored Wig?
Now that you know how often you should wash your wig, let’s take a look at a step-by-step guide that can help you wash your colored wig. You will find that washing a wig is pretty simple.
1. Prepare Your Wig
Before you start washing your wig, it is crucial that you prepare it. You should start by brushing your wig. You can use a wide-tooth comb or run your fingers through the wig. This ensures that you get rid of any tangles or knots that are perhaps on the wig. You should start brushing your wig from the bottom as you work your way up to the roots gently.
2. Rinse the Wig
After you have brushed your wig, the next step is to wet it. Put the wig under the faucet and use cold or lukewarm water to submerge it fully. Once you have rinsed your wig, you need to remove the excess water with your hands. Avoid twisting to wring it out.
3. Add Shampoo
Once you have removed the excess water, you need to apply some shampoo to your wig. Place a small amount of shampoo on your hands and apply it to your hair from the roots to the ends. Make sure that the shampoo penetrates inside the wig. When applying shampoo to your wig, avoid rubbing or scrubbing the hair because that can damage the strands.
It is advisable to use a shampoo that is designed for colored hair. Such kinds of shampoos are gentle and will not damage your wig as it is designed for your colored wig needs. Mild shampoos are ideal for colored wigs.
To remove the shampoo from the wig, rinse it with cold or lukewarm water. Rinse it until there are no traces of shampoo on the wig and the water is clear. Then use a microfiber towel to dry off the wig before you apply the conditioner.
4. Apply the Conditioner
The next step is to apply the conditioner. Just like the shampoo, you should also use the conditioner that is ideal for colored wigs. Add a little amount of conditioner to your hand and apply it to your wig. Gently comb your wig using your fingers. You can then let the conditioner rest in your hair for about 10 minutes.
Once the time is up, thoroughly rinse the wig to get rid of the conditioner. Again, make sure that there are no traces of conditioner left on the wig.
5. Dry Your Wig
Now that you have washed and cleansed your highlight wig, it is time to dry it off. The best way to dry your wig is to let it air dry. This way, you will not interfere with the wig’s patterns. You can also use a microfiber towel to dry your wig because it is gentle on a wet wig. However, if you must use a blow dryer to dry your wig, make sure that it is on low heat. That’s because high temperatures can significantly damage your wig. Once your colored wig is dry, you can style it as you wish.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62