How Much Hair Loss Is Normal In A Day?
Hair with plenty of volume and shine is what most people consider healthy. Many people have noticed that there is an amount of hair on the bathroom or shower floor after getting ready for the day. It's easy to assume they are suffering from a health problem. But hair loss is very normal for everyone at every age. But if you are afraid you have lost too much hair, there are ways to tell if it is a normal amount of hair loss or not. Keep reading to find out if you are shedding a normal amount and know more about knowledge of hair loss.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
According to the American Academy of Dermatologists, it’s normal to lose anywhere from 50 to 100 strands of hair per day. For the girls with long hair, it will be more noticeable. But in this range, it is normal hair loss. Because the hair has its own growth cycle and there are 100,000 or more hair follicles on each person’s scalp, the loss of 100 or so hair strands a day doesn’t make a big difference in appearance.
Life Cycle Of Hair
There are hundreds of thousands of hairs on our heads, and every hair is at a different stage of its two- to five-year lifespan.
The first phase of a hair strand is called the “anagen” phase, and 90% of our hair is in this phase. Hair grows about 1 centimeter per month. When something stops your hair from growing, it’s called anagen effluvium, which is what you would typically think of when you think of hair loss.
The catagen phase comes next, which will last two to three weeks. During the catagen phase, the hair strand stops growing. The last phase of hair growth is the telogen phase. During this phase, a hair strand will be at rest as it prepares to detach from your scalp. About 8 to 9 percent of your hair is in this phase at any given time.
What Causes Hair Loss In Women?
If you feel that your hair shed more than usual and your hair is getting thinner and thinner but still cannot find the reasons, there are some of the most common causes of hair loss.
If you are suffering from hereditary hair loss, then hair loss is an inevitable problem. Because you can’t prevent this type of hair loss entirely, we recommend that you’d better have ongoing conversations with your doctor to get some treatments available.
2. Given Birth
During pregnancy, the hair will go into rapid growth mode. Once estrogen levels go back to normal after delivery, hair resumes its normal growth cycles and starts to shed all that thick, luscious hair that accumulated over the last 10 months. But don’t panic, postpartum hair loss is temporary. You don’t have to do anything to solve it.
3. Nutritional Deficiencies
Getting enough nutrients is essential for ensuring good health, and healthy hair is no exception. Many nutritional deficiencies including iron, zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), and protein have all been linked to various types of hair loss. You can see a doctor first and make sure which kind of nutrient you lack, then accurately diagnose your issue.
Some medications can cause chronic shedding, especially those used to manage high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis, and depression. Generally, this type of hair loss is temporary as well.
5. Dandruff Or Scalp Psoriasis
If you are suffering from scalp psoriasis, the scalp will be dry, and itchy and there is the formation of silvery-white scales and dandruff-like flaking. If you scratch your scalp a lot or forcefully pick the scales, it may cause hair loss.
How To Stop Hair Loss?
Generally, the increased shedding will gradually resolve naturally without treatment. But if your hair doesn't return to its normal fullness within nine months, see a doctor for an evaluation to find out whether something else is going on. Here are some efficient hair loss treatments you can do in daily life to improve hair loss.
1. Wash And Condition Your Hair But No More
Under- and over-washing can affect the volume and feel of your hair. If you don’t wash your hair for a long time, it will cause a buildup of product and oil that will be a burden for your scalp and hair. But washing too frequently can strip the hair of its natural oils, making it more dry and prone to breakage. You should wash your hair three times a week, and once a week is enough for girls with naturally curly hair.
2. Eat Extra Protein
A lack of protein can lead to hair loss. Therefore, we recommend that you add more protein, especially for some girls who are keeping a diet or are vegetarian, the hair loss may be caused by insufficient protein intake. some ways to hit your daily protein requirement include eating beans and legumes, eggs, or Greek yogurt.
3. Take Vitamins
Vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, B, C, D, E, zinc, and iron are important factors that affect your hair growth. But you should consult your doctor, after various professional tests, you will know if you have a vitamin deficiency and then prescribe the right medicine.
4. Maintain Hair And Scalp Care
Remember to use conditioner after shampooing, which will make your hair shinier and helps reduce static electricity, both of which helps thinning hair look fuller and glossier. And avoid harsh hair treatments like heating tools, hair dye, and bleaching. Hairstyles like tight ponytails or braids can affect your hair as well.
5. Do Some Exercise
Exercise can help strengthen our physique and is also a great way to relieve stress. Give up on staying up late and give yourself enough time to free yourself from the stress of work and life. Excessive anxiety can disrupt our endocrine system, which can lead to hair loss. So it's important to stay happy.
In short, it is normal to lose less than 100 hairs a day. If you find that your hair is falling a bit more, then you can follow the methods mentioned in our article to improve the condition of your hair. However, if you have excessive hair loss and have been losing hair for a long time, then you should go to the hospital and seek the help of a dermatologist. What other knowledge about hair loss do you want to share with us? Welcome to leave your ideas in the comment area.
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62