Ash Blonde VS Platinum Blonde Hair Color
Blonde is one of the most trending hair colors out there, a hair color that not only keeps you looking fresh but also enhances your beauty. But blonde hair also comes in a variety of shades, and it can be hard to tell the difference between them. The most popular blondes include natural blonde, cream blonde, pearl blonde, ash blonde, platinum blonde, dirty blonde, honey blonde, and strawberry blonde.
In this article, we will discuss the difference between ash-blonde hair and platinum-blonde hair color.
What Is Ash Blonde Hair Color?
Ash-blonde has a cool undertone, which means it has hints of blue, violet, or gray. This makes it a good choice for people with cool or neutral skin tones, as it will help to balance out the warm tones in their skin. Ash blonde is also less likely to look brassy or yellow than other shades of blonde.
What Is Platinum Blonde Hair Color?
Platinum-blonde is the lightest shade of blonde. It has a very cool undertone, and it can sometimes look white or silvery. Platinum blonde is a more difficult color to achieve than ash blonde, and it requires regular maintenance to keep it from looking brassy.
Differences Between Ash Blonde And Platinum Blonde:
|Feature||Ash Blonde||Platinum Blonde|
|Skin tone||Cool or neutral||Cool, fair, or olive|
Some tips to consider when choosing ash blonde or platinum blonde:
1. Your skin tone: Ash blonde is a good choice for people with cool or neutral skin tones. Platinum blonde can also work for people with cool skin tones, but it is more likely to look harsh or unnatural on people with warm skin tones.
2. Your hair type: Ash blonde and platinum blonde can both be achieved on all hair types. However, platinum blonde is more difficult to maintain than ash blonde, as it requires regular touch-ups to prevent it from looking brassy.
3. Your lifestyle: If you have a busy lifestyle, ash blonde may be a better choice for you, as it requires less maintenance than platinum blonde.
How Do I Get Ash or Platinum Blonde Hair Color?
1. Prepare your hair. Wash your hair with a purifying shampoo to remove residual product. This will help the bleach penetrate the hair more evenly.
2. Pre-treats hair. to help protect hair from bleach damage.
3. Use bleach. Start by applying the bleach to the ends of the hair, which is where the hair is usually darkest, all the way down to the roots, spreading the bleach evenly.
4. Dispose of bleach. The time it takes to process the bleach depends on your hair color and the strength of the bleach. Follow the directions on your bleach product carefully.
5. Rinse off the bleach. When you're done with the bleach treatment, rinse it out of your hair thoroughly. Use cool water to help close the hair cuticle.
6. Adjust your hair. Toning helps remove any unwanted yellow or orange tinges from your hair. Use a toner designed for platinum blonde hair.
7. Conditions hair. Deeply condition the hair and helps repair any damage caused by the bleaching process.
Some additional tips for getting ash or platinum blonde hair color:
If you have any doubts, it is always best to go to a professional hair colorist.
1. Be patient. It may take several sessions to achieve the desired lightness.
2. Take care of your hair after you have it bleached. Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner designed for blonde hair, and avoid heat styling your hair too often.
3. Ash and platinum blonde hair can be a beautiful look, but it is important to do your research and take care of your hair properly to achieve the desired results.