6 Mistakes Avoid Washing Human Hair Wigs
Taking care of your human hair wigs is one of the most important things black women need to do. But we are not sure whether all women are aware that taking care of wigs is also very important. Otherwise, they will experience some of the negative effects on their natural hair.
Therefore, you need to learn how to take care of human hair wigs properly. How to avoid the mistakes when you washing your human hair wigs. Today, Julia hair will share some mistakes avoiding to make your hair wigs last longer and soft.
Making these mistakes can lead to the complete ruining of the hairpiece. In some cases, when the damaged wigs are worn, you can inflict some damage to your natural hair. So, you should be careful when you want to maintain the proper quality of your wigs. As you can imagine, there are a plethora of different wigs you can find on the hair market.
In case you would like to take a look at some of the potential hairstyles for you, pay a visit to Julia's hair and see which one fits you the best. Some types of hairpieces require an original way of maintenance. Anyhow, let us take a look at some of the commonest mistakes that are made when wigs are washed.
Without further hesitate, let us discuss about it.
1. Not Using Proper Hair Products To Wash.
We can see that one of the commonest mistakes done by women who wash their wigs is that they use regular soaps and shampoos. Without any doubt, using these means that this can result in damaging them. The reason is that these hair products are made of chemicals that can have some pretty negative results on the state of your natural hair wigs.
Therefore, you need to look for some special hair products that can provide your wigs with nutrition. There are a lot of hair products you can use for these. Check the brand with their reviews and experiences, and you will be able to find something that fits the needs of your hairpiece the best.
2. Not Detangling it Before Washing
It doesn’t matter if you are washing your extensions or natural human hair, you need to make sure that you’ve detangled it before you wash it. This can be done by applying gentle touches with a comb. As it is the case with long and thick hair, this is especially popular with really long wigs, which are pretty common.
In case you are not a fan of natural wigs, you will be happy to hear that synthetic ones are much easier to detangle. So, you will not be required to invest a lot of time into making it in a proper state before washing. That way, you will be able to avoid all the negativeness that can be experienced if this is not done in a proper way.
3. Scrub it Too Much
When you are washing your wig, you need to have gentle moves by your finger not nails, that will not inflict further damage to it. As you can imagine, the more you wear it, the less durable it will be. We can all agree that this is a natural thing for all of the human hair wigs.
However, when you are not washing it in a proper way, by applying some harsh moves and scrubbing it without any limitation, you can be sure that you can face some damage to it. This is one of the fastest ways you can damage these pretty quickly. So, you will need to buy another one pretty quickly if you are not careful. So, everyone needs to be aware of this fact.
4. Washing it with Hot Water
Maybe it sounds surprising, but washing your hairpiece with hot water can produce some negative effects. Therefore, make sure that you wash them with cold water. This is a pretty important thing to know since some of the wigs cannot stand being washed with hot water. Basically, it all depends on the material used for the creation of these.
But you should be aware that pretty much all of the materials cannot stand it. Many women don’t know that hot water can inflict some really bad effects on the fibers on your hairpiece. So, if you are not in the mood for shopping for a new one, you should make sure that you don’t wash it with hot water. They are not real hair, after all, right?
5. Wrapping it in a towel to absorb the water.
Surprisingly, we can see that one of the commonest things people do when washing wigs is that they wrap it in a towel with the aim of drying it faster. But it should be said that this is a pretty bad thing to do.
The reason is that wrapping it in a towel can result in wefts, which can inflict long-term damage to the wig. Instead of doing this, you need to dry it carefully and left it to dry it out in the air, in a natural way. This way, you will prevent all of the negatives that can happen over time.
6. Brushing Wet Hair
The commonest mistake people make when maintaining a hair wig is brushing it while it’s still wet. We can see that this is one of the commonest tips you can see on a wide array of different lists when you look for this kind of tips online. There is a good reason for that. The reason is that being wet is not a natural state for these.
Therefore, brushing them while in this state will surely inflict some negatives down the road. Some of the things that can happen are for them to frizz, stretch, or even break in some cases. So, you need to be completely aware of this fact. Otherwise, you will be shopping for a completely new wig before you know it. Made sure that they are completely dry before you start brushing.
Human hair wigs can be pretty touchy sometimes. Therefore, you invest all of your efforts into not making mistakes that can inflict some serious damage to them. Here, we've provided you some of the commonest mistakes people make when washing them. Thanks for reading and sharing your experience with protecting your hair wigs.
Black Friday Sales On Wigs For Women 2020:
Up to 25% Off For New Arrival Human Hair Wigs
Up to 15% Off For Hair Bundles And Closure
Extra 8% Off Directly With Coupon Code: B8
Extra 10% Off Order Over 159$ With Coupon Code: B10
Extra 15% Off For All With Coupon Code: B15
Customer Also Reviewed
- -32%Julia Hair Invisible 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Glueless Time Saving Wigs No Makeup No Spray Blend With All SkinDiscount Price： $206.73 Total Price: $304.01save： $97.28
- -30%Julia Hair 5x5 Inches HD Lace Closure Curly Wave Glueless Undetectable Lace Wigs 180% Hair Density Pre Plucked Invisible HairlineDiscount Price： $131.90 Total Price: $188.43save： $56.53
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Body Wave 4X4 Lace Closure Wigs Pre Plucked Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs 150% DensityDiscount Price： $127.43 Total Price: $187.39save： $59.96
- -30%Julia Hair 13X4 Lace Front Wig / 5X5 HD Lace Closure Wigs Body Wave Glueless Wigs 100% Human Hair Undetectable Transparent Lace Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby Hair AroundDiscount Price： $147.13 Total Price: $210.18save： $63.05
- -45%Julia Hair Glueless Kinky Straight 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Wigs Yaki Straight Human Hair 180% DensityDiscount Price： $106.54 Total Price: $193.70save： $87.16
- -50%Julia Hair 5x5 HD Lace Glueless Wigs 180%Density Undetectable Lace Wigs Pre Plucked Lace Closure Straight Wave Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $221.61 Total Price: $443.21save： $221.60
- -30%Julia Hair Premium Bob Water Wave Human Hair 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs Raw Virgin Hair Black WigsDiscount Price： $124.38 Total Price: $177.68save： $53.30
- -32%Julia Hair Affordable Kinky Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wig Pre Plucked 100% Virgin Lace Part Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair Wigs For WomenDiscount Price： $101.16 Total Price: $148.76save： $47.60
- -30%Julia Hair Body Wave 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair 150% Density High Quality Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $146.62 Total Price: $209.46save： $62.84
- -30%Julia Hair Affordable Jerry Curly 4x4 Lace Closure Wigs With Baby Hair Transparent Lace High Quality Air Wig Pre-Cut Lace Human Hair WigsDiscount Price： $107.30 Total Price: $153.29save： $45.99
- -30%Julia Hair Brazilian Straight Short Bob Lace Closure Wigs Quality 4x4 Lace Closure Human Hair Wigs Pre Plucked With Baby HairDiscount Price： $115.37 Total Price: $164.82save： $49.45
- -30%Julia Glueless Kinky Curly 5x5 HD Lace Closure Wig Undetectable Lace Human Hair Wigs 180% DensityDiscount Price： $237.13 Total Price: $338.75save： $101.62